BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

601 - 608 of 608 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
I've actually had success with 3M spray can adhesive but I weigh down any grab handle or dome light contours for 24 hours. My first headliner lasted over 10 years and the only reason I have since re-covered it was due to water damage markings. It was still holding. I usually use cans or small bottles of some sort but one of my last headliners I actually made molds prior to refinishing with plastic and plaster to weigh down the contours.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #602
Good work. Maybe 3M is better than others but frankly, Technicoll glue will never let go and can withstand some serious heat exposure. Also, with Technicoll, you don't need anything to weigh it down, as soon as you press them together it's bonded strongly and cures completely after 12 hours, and if you leave it for a few minutes to dry and you put bonding surfaces on top of each other without putting pressure on them they won't stick so it's easy to work with and to position the material.
I used spray can glue (not 3M) on black rusty E38 headliner just because I needed it done quickly and cheaply. It lasted 2 days and now it's hanging on several spots.

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
Very nice man. As a fellow S85 owner, I concur, the sound that motor makes is incredible. Wait until you have it going full song at autobahn. Its GLORIOUS!

Reactions: sreten

·
Registered
185 Posts
Awesome video as always. When you first mentioned getting that E60 in the shape it was in for so cheap (excluding shipping), I thought you were on drugs lol. But after seeing the video and with how the car is, it's starting to look like you got a pretty good deal.

Ok cosmetically the body needs work, and the interior needs to be cleaned with gasoline and a match and the previous PO punched in the head for being such a disgusting slob. But I know you'll bring it back to it's former glory. Looking forward to the next video regardless of the cars you are working on.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
45 Posts
Awe man such an awesome video.

Everything about it, the cars you work on, your enthusiasm, editing, no BS, you actually do the work yourself.

You are making 90% of YouTube auto channels look like ****.

Cannot wait for the next instalment!

You need to get some t shirts made up and a shopify shop!

·
Registered
01 Carbon/Silverstone Exhaust: Jedders-HJS high flow cats-resonator delete-Xpipe-Eisenman cans
2,532 Posts
Great video as always! The masochist in me makes me want to do a search for a rescue E60 lol.
I notice you used ISTA+ for diagnostics. What interface cable does it require?

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #608
Thank you all!

Awe man such an awesome video.

Everything about it, the cars you work on, your enthusiasm, editing, no BS, you actually do the work yourself.

You are making 90% of YouTube auto channels look like ****.

Cannot wait for the next instalment!

You need to get some t shirts made up and a shopify shop!
Got some stuff here for the beginning :) M539 Restorations

Great video as always! The masochist in me makes me want to do a search for a rescue E60 lol.
I notice you used ISTA+ for diagnostics. What interface cable does it require?
I wanna say this one, works with INPA and ISTA, I bought it years ago though. - INPA USB Cable for BMW K + DCAN OBD2 FTDI NCS ISTA GT1 Diagnostic Tool N54 MHD | eBay

601 - 608 of 608 Posts