BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

561 - 580 of 616 Posts

·
Registered
923 Posts
Bring her back to Prime Time! Interior is so skank, but I think you can get it pretty nice when all is said and done.

·
Registered
01 Carbon/Silverstone Exhaust: Jedders-HJS high flow cats-resonator delete-Xpipe-Eisenman cans
2,547 Posts
What a mess inside! And I guess the door was replaced? Looks like a drug runner lol.
Looks like a plug job is in order for those misfires, maybe send injectors for cleaning.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #564
What a mess inside! And I guess the door was replaced? Looks like a drug runner lol.
Looks like a plug job is in order for those misfires, maybe send injectors for cleaning.
I swapped out coils on cylinders that it was misfiring and the misfire moved with coils so I ordered all 10 to replace them.

I am so ready to set E38 on fire.

Found 2 old original fuel injectors that are falling apart and 10 replacement ones that are actually longer! So the 2 old ones were not sealing properly. Now I have to figure out what to do here as new injectors are over $1.000.

Valve cover gasket appears to have been glued to the head. I have no other way of explaining this.

[l

It took me an hour of insane prying to remove the cover. I've never seen anything like this in my life. How stupid do you have to be to even think of doing this.

I hate previous owners and mechanics of this car so so much. It's absolutely incredible how mistreated this car was.

On the bright side, the engine is clean on the inside and received regular oil changes at least.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
203 Posts
Wonder if the guy who owned the E38 was related to the guy who owned my M5 last with their ridiculous methods of band aid fixes? Previous owner of my car used glue to hold the non-oem kidney grills on the hood. Then worse, used wooden screws to hold the very bottom of the all leather door panel on the drivers door along with multiple other botched jobs.

Sent from Uranus with Love.

·
Registered
01 Carbon/Silverstone Exhaust: Jedders-HJS high flow cats-resonator delete-Xpipe-Eisenman cans
2,547 Posts
Wow. Amazingly ****ty work. I don't get how those two old injectors were even connecting to the TBs. I would think you could find two more of the longer style somewhere, even if you have to go with used.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #567
Wonder if the guy who owned the E38 was related to the guy who owned my M5 last with their ridiculous methods of band aid fixes? Previous owner of my car used glue to hold the non-oem kidney grills on the hood. Then worse, used wooden screws to hold the very bottom of the all leather door panel on the drivers door along with multiple other botched jobs.

Grills on this car were glued as well. It was a nightmare to remove them and in some places the paint was damaged.
Wow. Amazingly ****ty work. I don't get how those two old injectors were even connecting to the TBs. I would think you could find two more of the longer style somewhere, even if you have to go with used.
On facelift 750 the fuel injectors are specific as they have air shroud around them with small plastic pipe that draws vacuum from the intake. Some have replaced them with conventional injectors like on this car, but it's not a proper way of doing things as the rpm can drop on idle.
For now, I'll pull the injectors from the black car and hope they don't disintegrate in the process.

Got some more lovely press from Road & Track! Makes me really happy seeing this.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Grills on this car were glued as well. It was a nightmare to remove them and in some places the paint was damaged. On facelift 750 the fuel injectors are specific as they have air shroud around them with small plastic pipe that draws vacuum from the intake. Some have replaced them with conventional injectors like on this car, but it's not a proper way of doing things as the rpm can drop on idle.
For now, I'll pull the injectors from the black car and hope they don't disintegrate in the process.

Got some more lovely press from Road & Track! Makes me really happy seeing this.

I lost a tiny bit of paint too when I tried to remove the glue. Pisses me off, but you can't see it. I put some touch up paint on it, so it should be ok. I eventually plan to repaint the car way down the road in like 5 years so eh. Lol

You deserve the recognition with the work you do man, it's great to know it doesn't go unappreciated. Looking forward to the next video.

·
Registered
923 Posts
amazing find here, like unearthing something you thought was never touched only to find people have already been visiting that treasure before!

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #570
Got some cool and exciting news! Been getting sponsorship inquiries for future videos here and there, for smart wallets, some software I've never heard of... but nothing that really exists me.

So I decided to reach out to Liqui Moly. I've been emailing with the same support person for years now whenever I had questions about their products and he put me in touch with their marketing team and they agreed to support the E46 325i Touring project!

They are sending me a full care package to replace absolutely all of the fluids plus some other goodies like additives and their merch.

I love their products and have been using their oil for years so I'm super stoked! If it all goes well and they like the video, they would continue supporting other projects which would be awesome!

·
Registered
923 Posts
You deserve it! more good things to come I bet!

Reactions: sreten

·
Registered
923 Posts
That's fantastic! Man the cars are getting spoiled!

·
Registered
7,538 Posts

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #576
E46 Touring content is live on the channel! I talk way more than I would like to in this one but part 2 will be wrenching all day long. I must admit I'm very pleased with my purchase.

·
Registered
45 Posts
E46 Touring content is live on the channel! I talk way more than I would like to in this one but part 2 will be wrenching all day long. I must admit I'm very pleased with my purchase.

Another awesome video man! Don’t mind the talking you’re very good on the camera and you’re talking is all relevant it’s not like some of those other channels where they talk crap just to fill another boring video.

Am so excited for you getting liqui moly on board it’s great all you’re hard work is been recognised now! It’s also great as we know you’ve always used their products anyway!! Win win all round! I also use their products based on your videos lol!

Great work again, am delighted for you! I was one of the first subscribers to your channel and am so glad you’re getting the recognition for it now!

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #578
Thank you, Birdie!

Part 4 of project Dubai is out. Got a lot done in this one and lost my patience more than once working on this thing.

But finally it's running properly and I'm pretty much done with the mechanical side of this car.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Just watched it and enjoyed it greatly!

I'm surprised your vacuum leak wasn't detected by TÜV?

Also I'm digging the new logo. :)

·
Registered
45 Posts
Awesome video!!! I really really enjoyed that one!! Watched at 4am while up feeding our newborn and trying to get him to sleep! He better grow up loving old BMW’s!!!

The German tuv sounds tough! We have similar here with the MOT but the regulations about modifications are a lot slacker!

Man the guys who worked on that before were butchers, amazing to watch you bring it back to life, e38 e39 e46 was peak bmw, their new stuff with those hideous grills makes me sick.

561 - 580 of 616 Posts