BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

461 - 480 of 496 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #461
Thank you! It's up to 234k views. Unbelievable.

I'm a bit sick so I can't finish part 2 of Bilbao 850i but I'm aiming to release it next week hopefully.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #462
Part 2 of project Bilbao E31 850i revival is finally done and posted on the channel! I was planning to get this done a lot sooner but I got sick in the midst of it and it took me ages to finish it. I took my sweet time with this one and tried something new in the last part of the video. 😁

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
OUTSTANDING! What a transformation.
Lots of work, but I hope you got satisfaction of getting it working, and a good payout for bring it back from the dead. Awesome work my friend.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #464
Thanks, man!! Yes, I had lots of fun working on it and editing the video as well. Seeing it drive after such a long time of being neglected brings me huge satisfaction.
Payout is always a nice bonus that goes towards new projects. : )

·
Registered
553 Posts
Also just watched it and could tell how much work you out in...great result with both the car and the video!

There's clearly a lot of interest from people around the world enjoying such restorations and wholeheartedly support more road trips to find cars. :)

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #467
Just watched the videos. Freaking awsome man, I love it!! Also subscribed to the chanel. Keep up the excellent work

Sent from Uranus with Love.
Gracias!!

Also just watched it and could tell how much work you out in...great result with both the car and the video!

There's clearly a lot of interest from people around the world enjoying such restorations and wholeheartedly support more road trips to find cars. :)
Thanks, Kiz! It makes me happy to read this.

To be honest, I'm overwhelmed. It all picked up suddenly, I had like 300 subs and a couple of thousand views, now we are over 9k subs! Never thought that many people would watch but been getting nothing but positive comments and wishes. I'm stoked and definitely motivated to keep going.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #468
The revival of the black E31 from Malaga is underway! Already found few hack-jobs from the previous incompetent mechanic and 2 main reasons that would stop the car from starting.

20200118_105033.jpg

20200118_104944.jpg

20200118_104948.jpg

·
Registered
255 Posts
Everything about this thread impressed me.

Then you post your work bench with the tool organization.

If I were capable of keeping my work space that organized, I swear I’d cut atleast an hour off of every job simply by not having to look for sockets, wrenches, nuts and bolts - something to strive for.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Nice tool bench setup.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #472
Everything about this thread impressed me.

Then you post your work bench with the tool organization.

If I were capable of keeping my work space that organized, I swear I’d cut atleast an hour off of every job simply by not having to look for sockets, wrenches, nuts and bolts - something to strive for.
Nice tool bench setup.
Thank you, fellas! I can't tell you how much time I used to waste chasing tools on the floor, in boxes, shelves, engine bay... I hated that so ever since building this small workshop I wanted to have all of the tools that I use the most in front of me. I love it, saves a lot of time and the workflow is better and easier when you're organized.

Yeah, big kudos to the quality of work and detail on your 5.
And really, how many of us can say we ripped on the autobahn in a M5?
Thank you! The fastest I drove the M5 on the Autobahn was a tick over 180 mph. I'm planning a video where I'll max it out but a lot of things have to go your way, traffic, weather, quality of the road... Whenever we go somewhere, I always look forward to the drive.

·
Registered
840 Posts
Love this thread, and your work, keep it coming! Your video was amazing, I was locked in from front to back! Really nice to see a detailed video of bringing some of these babies back to life. They all really are similar in many ways, so many of the jobs are just about identical, just with wee differences from car to car and engine to engine.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #474
I'm really really happy to hear that, Trizzuth!

I'm making some slow progress on the E31 from Malaga.

Previous incapable mechanic, if we can call it a mechanic, used electrical tape on the wires inside the fuel pump assembly and glue to patch up a 30-year-old strainer.

20200116_185657.jpg

20200116_185712.jpg

Rebuilt and sorted.

20200120_214351.jpg

20200120_214355.jpg

20200120_214439.jpg

20200120_214442.jpg

New wires as a good portion of old ones were bad.

20200127_184316.jpg

20200127_194236.jpg

20200127_194840.jpg

20200127_202926.jpg

·
Registered
840 Posts
God those intake runners are SO SHINY! Can't wait for this beast to come alive, she's going to be SO happy!

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #477
Courtesy of the previous owner, they were rattle-canned in situ. Overspray everywhere...

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Another terrific installment.

461 - 480 of 496 Posts