BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

361 - 380 of 404 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #361

Would love to see the wrench for this giant nut.

The next day we headed to Bavaria. First was the visit to Hohenschwangau Castle which is the smaller one of the 2.
We had a short tour inside but it was not allowed to take photos.

And the Neuschwanstein castle.

Beautiful scenery combined with amazing history, I definitely recommend a visit to this special place. Just make sure you book the tickets online like we did as there's a ton of visitors which is probably the only downside.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #362
Obligatory M5 pics with a beautiful backdrop. One of these days, I'll get a proper camera and possibly learn how to take good pictures...

Then I had a close call with a wooden peg.

That's it for now. I'm making progress on the E38 as well but it keeps getting increasingly annoying working on it as I keep finding hack jobs all over the place. Just replaced the whining power steering pump just to find out the pump wasn't bad but they improperly deleted the SLS and routed the lines causing the pump to whine. Next are the intake manifolds were somehow they managed to brake and then bodge one of the vacuum pipe connectors...

·
Registered
92 Posts
Obligatory M5 pics with a beautiful backdrop. One of these days, I'll get a proper camera and possibly learn how to take good pictures...

Then I had a close call with a wooden peg.

That's it for now. I'm making progress on the E38 as well but it keeps getting increasingly annoying working on it as I keep finding hack jobs all over the place. Just replaced the whining power steering pump just to find out the pump wasn't bad but they improperly deleted the SLS and routed the lines causing the pump to whine. Next are the intake manifolds were somehow they managed to brake and then bodge one of the vacuum pipe connectors...
Wow. Those photos of Austria look amazing. Such serenity. Beautiful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Very nice pictures! Keep 'em coming!

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #367
Some, I'm still working on it and the video just no time to put it together. I got it to start but it doesn't run as smooth as I'd like it to run, it'll need more troubleshooting.
Thankfully, I got the clutch pedal to work, the slave cylinder was shot and brake fluid wasn't brake fluid anymore, after flushing out all of it and bleeding the clutch line, the pedal is back!

·
Registered
4,056 Posts
Nice trip! I walked across that suspension bridge during my European delivery in 2016. It was very cool. And the castle Ehernberg is one of my favorite.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #370
Thanks, Kevin! Very cool, I think Euro delivery is one of the best moves you can do in life. I loved Ehrenberg too, I really like the fact that you can climb and explore it.

Finally stepped up and got a proper camera which I'll be using mainly for the videos. I rounded up the gang for a small photoshoot. M5 is the ringleader aka the only fully working one. 😁

_MG_5961.JPG

_MG_5959.JPG

_MG_5964.JPG

_MG_5969.JPG

_MG_5970.JPG

_MG_5973.JPG

_MG_5971.JPG

_MG_5963.JPG

The 8er is fighting me all the way. Engine sounds funky and can't bleed the brakes, most likely the ABS pump is clogged.

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Nice stable!

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #372
New video from when I went to Spain to buy the E31 and embarrass myself trying to speak broken Spanish.

I hope you guys like this one, I thoroughly enjoyed making this trip as well as creating the video.

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Dude! Brilliant video!

·
Registered
92 Posts
New video from when I went to Spain to buy the E31 and embarrass myself trying to speak broken Spanish.

I hope you guys like this one, I thoroughly enjoyed making this trip as well as creating the video.

Awesome video! Spain in general is a lovely place (when politics doesn’t get in the way). Lucky that you were able to get some kind of translation in part.

What was the reason you only bought one battery?

Have you got it running? Did you find out what the A-Pillar gauges were for? (I can’t remember if you mentioned that when you first introduced us to the car)

Thanks
Deepan

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #376
Thanks! I always manage with translating as I can speak any language with google translate.

Just didn't think it through, but part of me didn't want to start cranking it before I did the initial service. Yes, it's running and driving now but not brilliantly. Engine sounds funky and the braking system is ruined.

I think voltmeter and some temperature gauge. I just cut it off and junked it. The stupid thing was even changing colors, gives you that real fast & furious feel.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Thanks! I always manage with translating as I can speak any language with google translate.

Just didn't think it through, but part of me didn't want to start cranking it before I did the initial service. Yes, it's running and driving now but not brilliantly. Engine sounds funky and the braking system is ruined.

I think voltmeter and some temperature gauge. I just cut it off and junked it. The stupid thing was even changing colors, gives you that real fast & furious feel.
Google translate is brilliant, but I take literal translations with a pinch of salt, not 100% accurate but good enough.

That’s fair, I think the engines of that era were nigh-on bulletproof to a point, and hand cranking or normal cranking without a service isn’t great but as long as you don’t continue doing it, it should be fine most of the time.

Lol, that’s hilarious! Hope they didn’t butcher the main loom too much and it’s salvageable!

Cheers
NF aka Deepan

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #378
Most of the time, it's translating perfect. : )

Yes, generally strong engines but we'll see what's happening with this one as there is a noise that's possibly coming from the timing chain.

I didn't find butchery yet but I'll do my best to remove those wires.

·
Registered
38 Posts

Awesome video!!!

Really enjoyed that one, nice to see such a legend being saved from the scrapyard.

Your manner and video skills are absolutely brilliant your channel is going to explode!!

Also I hear you are joining us e39 m5 guys on our big your next summer!!!

361 - 380 of 404 Posts