BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

341 - 348 of 348 Posts

·
Registered
941 Posts
Wooo! Another E31! In my favorite color too!

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #343
My 4th one. E39 M5 slicktop was in the works but this one popped up for a nice price so I had to get it.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
941 Posts
Ummm, not sure what to tell you bud...
You sure have a lot of work ahead of you!
Spill the beans on both!

·
Registered
3,862 Posts
Another iL! You're crazy man!

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #347
Ummm, not sure what to tell you bud...
You sure have a lot of work ahead of you!
Spill the beans on both!
So here the gist. The 850i has been parked in that underground garage since 2010-2011, doesn't run, I wasn't even able to turn over the engine. No fuel pumps, no batteries, oil under the car, clutch pedal stays on the floor, engine bay covered in mold, the brakes were sorta stuck so I couldn't even push it out to see it entirely... total basket case and worst mechanical condition car I ever bought. But positives: no rust, Laguna green metallic over black leather, 6-speed and lovely BBS rims. Basically very good bones for restoration.

Should arrive in Germany this weekend but I likely won't do a full restoration on it, I'll just revive it so that it runs and drives (hopefully) and sell it off as a project car. That's the plan for now since I don't have another year to restore it and sell it as I did with the last one.

It looked like this 10 years ago or so.

The 750iL: accidentally found it locally a day ago. Let's say there are 3 reasons why I bought: Shadowline trim (pretty rare on iL), rear quarter sun blinds and black plastic trim on the doors.
It's was cheap enough that it was worth to get it as an organ donor and swap out parts that I need on my e38. It has been sitting in that very spot in the pictures for 5 years, 186k miles, brakes thoroughly rusted, the famous run & drove when parked. It is a complete crispy rust bucket which further proves my attitude toward German cars that have been driven in winter.

Going to change oil, turn the engine by hand few times, put fresh gas in it and try to fire it up, not going to pamper it like I will the 850i before trying to start it. I don't want to part it out as that feels sad and it's facelift E38 so I'm gonna try to make it run & drive on a budget, swap out the parts that I need and get rid off it. Maybe it finds home with someone who doesn't mind rust as much as I do.

Another iL! You're crazy man!
It's been a while since I had 4 cars at once.

·
Registered
941 Posts
That's a lot of Bondo on that door.

341 - 348 of 348 Posts
About this Discussion
347 Replies
49 Participants
TexaZ3
BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums
M5Board is the best forum community for information on the BMW M5 E60 (V-10), E39 (V-8), E34 (straight 6), E28, F90 and F10. Discuss performance, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing