BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Had two days out at VIR, this was my first track event so didn't know what to expect. What a rush!

Here is a video of three laps, as I said first time on track so all my lines weren't the best.

YouTube - VIR Hot Laps

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
Nice video Randy :) BTW what kind of Camera you use ?

·
Registered
648 Posts
Thanks for the video. It is great at 5 minutes in when the beast is able to shine.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nice video Randy :) BTW what kind of Camera you use ?
Thanks, it was a blast. The camera is the Hero GoPro, great little camera with mounts for the windscreen.

Reactions: q8kamikaze

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
Had two days out at VIR, this was my first track event so didn't know what to expect. What a rush!

Here is a video of three laps, as I said first time on track so all my lines weren't the best.

YouTube - VIR Hot Laps
Randy,

Great video! Your exhaust sounds fantastic! Thanks for sharing.

Milton

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
Thanks, it was a blast. The camera is the Hero GoPro, great little camera with mounts for the windscreen.
WOW so this is the GOPro camera that everybody talk about awesome quality and nice choice bro :M5thumbs:

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
WOW so this is the GOPro camera that everybody talk about awesome quality and nice choice bro :M5thumbs:
Yes, I'm very happy with the quality and sound for such a small camera. I'm thinking about picking a second one up for some exterier video.

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
Yes, I'm very happy with the quality and sound for such a small camera. I'm thinking about picking a second one up for some exterier video.
Hmmm thoughts about order one .

·
Registered
100 Posts
Very Very cool-I want to do this!

My wife looked at a track in WV but this is so close.....

Looks like they even have places to stay onsite!

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Very Very cool-I want to do this!

My wife looked at a track in WV but this is so close.....

Looks like they even have places to stay onsite!

They do have accommodations right there, where in VA do you live?

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
nice. .thank you for sharing. .

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Great vid.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Cool. Looks like you picked up speed on successive laps. Nice to get to 148 on the back straight too!

I have a GoPro also. Which mount did you use? I have not had much luck with inside windshield mounting so far.
I used the inside windhield mount, haven't had any problems with it. Once it's stuck on it's there until I pry it off. I was thinking about picking up a second one for an exterier mount. Thought that would be some interesting video.

We weren't allowed any timing equipment but I feel like I did pretty well for my first track session. I must say it is very addictive, I'm already looking at the schedules for the next one. Two days of nonstop adrenaline, I'm ready for another fix!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Great vid, hard to believe that was your first time on the track.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts