BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

just wanted to share with you all - my first track day as a driver.

Mondello Park just outside Dublin, Ireland.

WOW - the E39 M5 truly IS the best car there is!!

Rather than go on about all the various cars I was quicker than I will just mention the cars I couldn't catch - E46 M3 csl - that's it, everything else I had in my sights.

I have driven the car fast on occasion but I really did not realise just how fast the car is - amazing, the track was really wet toward the end of our day but I think that helped, especially a newbie like me!

the DSC stayed on for 99% of the day and it actually worked very well, definitely saved me on one occasion!

The car was like a best friend - a gentle but secure arm around me - and it REALLY showed me a good time!

I am still in a state of shock 3 days later.

Cannot wait until the next time!!

Below are some photos and also a couple of vids, one vid is poor quality anf 5 seconds long, the other was taken by a friend in his 'tweaked' E39 530d, he was keeping up and passing M3s!! I only appear toward the end of the vid (4:50 ish) but it lets you hear my Eisenmann as I whip passed him :biggrin:

Just had to share!!!

DSC_0417.JPG
DSC_0428.JPG
DSC_0429.JPG
DSC_0430.JPG
DSC_0438.JPG
DSC_0444.JPG
DSC_0527.JPG
DSC_0528.JPG
DSC_0535.JPG
DSC_0536.JPG

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AMCoC6AcBIM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQHpTXFtsoY

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Richie, thanks for sharing. Love the exhaust note. Sweet :biggrinbounce:

That was the one thing I got loads of compliments on at Mid-Ohio with my Dinan Exhaust at WOT.

Richard...

·
Registered
6,958 Posts
Nice! :thumbsup:

Tail end didn't come around even once? hmmm You weren't pushing it enough... ;)
:cheers:
Dave

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nice! :thumbsup:

Tail end didn't come around even once? hmmm You weren't pushing it enough... ;)
:cheers:
Dave
It did! a lot! even got 4 wheel drifts!

All of course thanks to the weather and the car - a LOT less to do with my skill :biggrin:

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks for sharing. Do you have any mods? how did the brakes hold up? thanks
Only mod I have so far is the Eisenmann, Eibach coilovers are on the way :biggrin:

The brakes did go soft but never stopped working, I only stayed out for 15/20 minute intervals - I did have to drive the same car home :M5thumbs:

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
nice pics, sounds like you had great fun.
what sort of track was it.... short and twisty....
It was at Mondello Park, they have held some of the BTCC rounds there as well as the Super Bikes.

We didn't have the full international track though, didn't think we would have had enough members - turned out we would have had more than enough, still, next time :biggrin:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts