BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My Indy Red M5 with H&R sport springs. Just got it installed yesterday. So it hasn't settled yet. Also painted the grill and added RPI scoops. Tinted it too. Oh and the ///M 525i badge is still on there as a joke. :haha: I got matte black ///M5 badge already. I'm going to switch them out in 1-2 months or so.

Last pic is before the drop.

Attachments

·
Registered
358 Posts
Looks good.

·
Registered
3,210 Posts
Sitting pretty, everything looks nice. it would be awesome to see the scoops color matched to the car :whistle:
Agreed. You need to paint the scoops black, silver, or color match them. They clash way too much being a totally different style red.

·
Registered
489 Posts
that license plate has got to kill your cooling ability in the car. I would lose it if I were you.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
that license plate has got to kill your cooling ability in the car. I would lose it if I were you.
The license plate is temporary. I'm installing a remote hide away plate this weekend.

·
Registered
707 Posts
i was told by the store i bought my wheels from it can be dangerous to use spacers, it seems everyone uses them, is there any truth to this?

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
i was told by the store i bought my wheels from it can be dangerous to use spacers, it seems everyone uses them, is there any truth to this?
Ive run spacers and didnt experience any sort of danger, I am sure if use a good brand spacer you will be fine. GL

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
That's exactly what I plan to do. Dk, need 12mm spacers now and the stance will be perfect!
Yea, I'm planning to get spacers, but im holding it off until I get my wheels back. I'm picking it up this Sat. Had them re hooped, with wider 3.5 inch lip in the front and the same 5 inch lip in the rear. Then ill go from there.

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
Mainly,

I've run spacers for years on my cars with zero problems. If they weren't safe I'm sure that track cars wouldn't run them. I saw on another thread that spacers were illegal or voided your warranty in Canada. Maybe that's why the wheel shopped advised you of them being dangerous.

·
Registered
707 Posts
Mainly,

I've run spacers for years on my cars with zero problems. If they weren't safe I'm sure that track cars wouldn't run them. I saw on another thread that spacers were illegal or voided your warranty in Canada. Maybe that's why the wheel shopped advised you of them being dangerous.
actually the shop i bought the wheels from was in the states, (wheel enhancement). and the wheels were custom made for my car by HRE. maybe thats why he thought they would be dangerous. he told me to not drive the car at all and remove them imediately. he said the wheels could come right off the car.!!! scared the crap out of me...

the shop that installed my wheels said the wheels wouldnt fit over the hub, so they had to use spacers. it turns out the clips that hold the brakes in place from the factory just needed to be removed... well, long story.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts