BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
915 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well, i told myself that im going to mod this car slowly.. so thats what i'm trying to do.. nice and slow.

so i'm just doing all the little mods for now..

i got full carbon fiber interior and LED interior lights. check it out.

(the high res of this picture came out really nice)

thats all for now.
- josh

·
Registered
91 Posts
That looks fantastic! Good call. I am still up in the air about doing the CF interior or taking my trim off and making a weekend out of DIY gloss black (cost, looks, etc).

But I definitely love the look of the LED interior lights. Is it a noticeable difference? The kit is $70 from Bimmian, so I was wondering if it is brighter than the stock lights, but not too blinding?

·
Registered
560 Posts
I like the interior light mod, I've never seen that done before, looks alot better imo...

I think you should grab some nice Angeleyes to go with that Interlagos

·
Registered
915 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nice. Very tasteful 1st mods. Which CF interior kit did you use?
I picked it up from someone local who makes them.. 100% fitment. Real carbon fiber.. let me know if anyone wants a set. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
915 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That looks fantastic! Good call. I am still up in the air about doing the CF interior or taking my trim off and making a weekend out of DIY gloss black (cost, looks, etc).

But I definitely love the look of the LED interior lights. Is it a noticeable difference? The kit is $70 from Bimmian, so I was wondering if it is brighter than the stock lights, but not too blinding?
Thank you, there is a noticeable difference but I didnt purchase mine from bimmian, i went to superbrightleds.com it only costed me 50 or 60 bucks? i dont remember. but they make the biggest difference. (i changed even the lights when you open the door, it gives the floor a nice effect)

Reactions: Procure

·
Registered
915 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I like the interior light mod, I've never seen that done before, looks alot better imo...

I think you should grab some nice Angeleyes to go with that Interlagos
thank you, and i will grab some angel eyes next month once i do my d1s bulb upgrade. :haha:

·
Registered
88 Posts
Procure:

I've been down this road regarding LED lights. The Bimmian Kit for $70 is okay, but they are not LED lights (the Bimmian kit is much dimmer than LED). Do what tightie (and I) did and buy real LED's from superbrightleds.com. They make a huge difference and they look awesome at night. Like tightie said, they cost around $50 - $60 for the interior and trunk, but I also did the license plate (with resistors from Radio Shack) so that added a few bucks. PM me if you need any advice.

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
Procure:

I've been down this road regarding LED lights. The Bimmian Kit for $70 is okay, but they are not LED lights (the Bimmian kit is much dimmer than LED). Do what tightie (and I) did and buy real LED's from superbrightleds.com. They make a huge difference and they look awesome at night. Like tightie said, they cost around $50 - $60 for the interior and trunk, but I also did the license plate (with resistors from Radio Shack) so that added a few bucks. PM me if you need any advice.

if we wanted to buy some seperately instead of a whole kit, can you list the bulbs sizes for the interior? same ones as in the m3?

·
Registered
88 Posts
if we wanted to buy some seperately instead of a whole kit, can you list the bulbs sizes for the interior? same ones as in the m3?
I don't want to jack tightie's thread about his car (nice work, btw). I'll post a new thread this weekend with all the LED bulb sizes. The information will pertain to the M5 (of course), as I have no idea what bulbs an M3 requires.

·
Registered
2,881 Posts
looks sweeeeet!!!

·
Registered
907 Posts
I assume that goes OVER your existing trim?

Chris

1 - 20 of 29 Posts