BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I am a new proud owner of my first BMW M5 which is a 2002 model. I debated a lot before buying this car after my reliable car of 16 years, the MBZ 190E 2.3-16 had a blown engine after overheating for a while.

The BMW M5 puts me in a new era and I like it so far.

Just received the car yesterday, Aug 16th.

I have a question about the documentation that came with the car and what may be missing.

I have:

1) Owners Manual
2) Onboard Computer Manual
3) Caring for your vehicle
4) BMW Center Directory
5) Service and Warranty Information
6) Accident Guidelines and Checklists
7) BMW Engine Oil Information
8) Sticker Price Info
9) Radiopass BMW
10) BMW Safety Tips
11) NAV maps on CD/DVD

Is there more original documentation, that I may be missing.
When I test drove a 2000 M5, the owner had more documentation, including:

VHS tape ?
CDs ?
DVDs ?

Thanks,
Gary

1) 2002
2) M5
3) E39
4) LeMans Blue

5) Includes all factory options: heated seats, navigation (with full set of US nav CDs), power rear sunshade, park distance control (front and rear), alcantara headliner, integrated phone, and the upgraded ///M audio package including 6-disc CD changer,NAV system, two tone blue/black interior, folding rear seats, etc. FULLY LOADED !

6) Also features dealer-installed (and warrantied) Dinan Stage II suspension system, Dinan strut tower brace, Dinan shock tower brace, Dinan performance software and an aftermarket upgraded Eisenmann exhaust. Includes two sets of wheels: 18" BBS RGR and 19" Hamann HM2.
7) Main first car. Daily commuter. Replaces 1986 MBZ 190E 2.3-16 which has a blown engine, ....... RIP.
8) NA
9) Third owner. Purchased first week of August 2005 and received via auto-transport from Kansas City, Missouri to West Palm Beach, Florida on August 16, 2005. 47,000 miles.

http://bmw.jedinite.com/M5/

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
Congrats and enjoy! :cheers:
My 2002 did come with a VHS tape. It was a very high level description of the features sort of in the same order as the manual. Kind of like a 60 minute movie version of a 1000 page book.

I think I got a CD from my dealer. It was a 5 series overview CD.

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
Congrats on a wonderful car!!!:cheers: :1: Must be nice to purchase the Dinan and not have to wait for the install!:noSMG:

Thanks for the pics!! I am such a junkie!! My wife just laughs everytime!! She always says "don't you have one of those in the garage!!!", I just laugh!:15: :7: Can't get enough!

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ard said:
COngrats- and welcome.

I see you acquired a board members car - (the pics were familiar, then the web page has the screen name - fyi:
http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=47173
)

SOunds like you got everything - there may have been an audio demo CD, but not sure. certainly nothing that matters!
Yes, thats correct !! I searched for a month and eventually found jedinite's BMW M5 online and I was hooked. It was one of the few M5's I found which was 2002 and later which had Dinan upgrades. So I had to go for it although he lives in a different state. We communicated for a while which he was great to work with and he accepted my offer. Then the rest is history after I flew to his homestate. Met him, met the car and test drove it. Hubba, hubba what power

It was great doing business with him and happy to be an M5 owner.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ashok Arora said:
Welcome aboard & congrats! :cheers:
Cheerio Matey,

Thank you !!!

Lets hope I dont get any bloody tickets and 5-oh will be nice to me.

BTW, I love London and have been there 4 times. First as an 11 year old during the silver jubilee for the Queen and last in 1994. I have relatives in London and in Northampton/Kettering/Corby.

Favorite spot is Leicester Square.

Peace,
Gary

·
Registered
332 Posts
Congrats! Very nice looking ride

1 - 9 of 9 Posts