BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
4,404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dropped my car off for service today and they had four M3s on the lot - 3 coupes and one drop trop. I can't say that I loved the drop top with the roof up. The breaks in the different panels were very obvious and distracted from the lines of the car. Maybe it was just the color. I shot a quick pic through the window on my cell phone while it was raining so the quality is terrible.

BTW. While I was there, some guy (apparently unknown to the dealership) comes in wants to take out one of the M3s for a test drive. Sales manager says no way b/c it is literally a delgue out there. The guy can't seem to understand why they don't want to let him play with their new M3 on the wet roads. :dunno:

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Alloy wheel Personal luxury car

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Reactions: Gustav

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
The same silly grin he had when he first bought the car is still on his face. He also has a bad habit of playing his iPod full blast on the stereo with the top down, annoying everyone within 100 feet. ouich

·
Registered
994 Posts
Thanks for the post, Andrew.

I must say, as many as there are about, I still love the CF roof Coupe in white. The saloon is a nice addition but for me the conv. doesn't quite look right while reviews say it is quite hefty.

·
Registered
8,300 Posts
I feel the new M3 is a coupe car, ONLY..........anything else takes away from the car drastically.

·
Registered
163 Posts
I sat in the new M3 and it just doesn't do anything for me when comparing it to the E46. I know, opinions vary but MAN. When I look at the E46, it reminds me of a true european muscle car; flared vendors, bulge in the hood, short, stout.

The new M3 just doesn't hit the mark in my opinion. I'd be firing some people back at HQ.

·
Registered
459 Posts
I think it looks nice, but the added weight breaks the deal for me. I am too performance oriented :).

Hopefully the difference between the M3 CAB and M3 Coupe are not as significant as the difference between the E46 M3 Cab and Coupe were.

Even though the new M3 is a much better performer than the previous model, something about the E46 M3 tickles me inside. It will always be a favorite.

·
Registered
102 Posts
im getting it. for my wife. got one on order. the smg dct. i drove it, its fun. i live in hawaii, so drop top is good. looks good either way, but you need a dark color, so the lines wont show as much.

it's one mean machine. im gonna love my garage after we get that. coupe and sedan, both ///Monsters.
:haha2:

·
Registered
4,813 Posts
I saw a few M3s the other day at the dealer here and i was tempted to go for one.. But only if it was abit bigger for the 6' 4 :rolleyes:

But in my opinion its nice but the disappointment came from the new x6. It looks alot better in pictures than in real life IMHO.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I personally do not think its as nice as the old E46 vert. The curves are missing as well as the aggresive stance and lines are all missing now...bloody shame!

Here are some pictures my close friends old verts....hope you like it...

·
Registered
694 Posts
DCT ?

Can't even order that yet for the US......or so I was told when I ordered mine. I since cancelled, and got an 08 M5 6 speed, no regrets !cherrsagai

im getting it. for my wife. got one on order. the smg dct. i drove it, its fun. i live in hawaii, so drop top is good. looks good either way, but you need a dark color, so the lines wont show as much.

it's one mean machine. im gonna love my garage after we get that. coupe and sedan, both ///Monsters.
:haha2:

·
Registered
2,881 Posts
I saw a black one today... its ok. I think it will grow on me eventually...

1 - 20 of 21 Posts