BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Gents

Had a demonstration drive today, i'm still quivering!!

Car is Interlagos with light grey leather and wood trim, 2500 on the clock.

My preconceptions -

- it would be fast.
- the SMG would be odd.
- it would be just like a normal 5 but a bit more 'go'.

My observations -

1. Fast - my god only three words needed - 'The Millenium Falcon'!! Amazing how it toddles around very quiet and pussycat-like when the revs are low, but hit the M button and heavy foot - jesus H - what a different animal. Simply amazing the speed and feel of this thing.

2. SMG - i LOVED it, the first 'paddle' gears i've used that actually worked, and worked beautifully. I see NO point in a manual option.

3. Wood trim - it was walnut, YUK is the only word for it. The salesman and another customer said the same thing...

4. Interlagos - again YUK, far to BLUE for me, it's Sepang or Silver Grey for sure.

5. Head Up Display - brilliant, very effective. BIG numbers on the windscreen is a great kick lol.

Worst thing - still 12 months till i get mine. How will i cope!!!! :confused:

WHAT AN AMAZING CAR - NUFF SAID. :hihi:

Cheers,
David.

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,823 Posts
Any chance to see some interior (and exterior) photos? This is exactly the color combination that I almost ordered before opting for Silver Grey with the same interior.

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,823 Posts
M5saloon said:
Sorry only took one pic of the exterior -
Thanks for posting. Every bit helps.

·
Registered
100 Posts
M5saloon said:
Gents

My preconceptions -

- it would be fast.
- the SMG would be odd.

My observations -

1. Fast - my god only three words needed - 'The Millenium Falcon'!! Amazing how it toddles around very quiet and pussycat-like when the revs are low, but hit the M button and heavy foot - jesus H - what a different animal. Simply amazing the speed and feel of this thing.

2. SMG - i LOVED it, the first 'paddle' gears i've used that actually worked, and worked beautifully. I see NO point in a manual option.

3. Wood trim - it was walnut, YUK is the only word for it. The salesman and another customer said the same thing...

4. Interlagos - again YUK, far to BLUE for me, it's Sepang or Silver Grey for sure.

5. Head Up Display - brilliant, very effective. BIG numbers on the windscreen is a great kick lol.

Cheers,
David.
Thanks for painting a picture of great info for people who are undeceided on certain options and colors. CRG

·
Registered
198 Posts
M5saloon said:
Gents

My preconceptions -

- it would be fast.
- the SMG would be odd.

My observations -

Cheers,
David.
did the car have m multi function seats;if so did you think they were worthwhile;thanks

·
Registered
251 Posts
The more I see pics of the walnut madeira wood and the more I see any wood trim in any E60 interior, the more I start to doubt my choice. I just wish there was another option other than brushed aluminum or the two shades of wood here in the US. Carbon fiber would've been appropriate and I would gladly even pay a small premium if it were available. Oh well, I'll probably settle and change my order to aluminum before it's finalized this week.

·
Registered
100 Posts
masmole said:
The more I see pics of the walnut madeira wood and the more I see any wood trim in any E60 interior, the more I start to doubt my choice. I just wish there was another option other than brushed aluminum or the two shades of wood here in the US. Carbon fiber would've been appropriate and I would gladly even pay a small premium if it were available. Oh well, I'll probably settle and change my order to aluminum before it's finalized this week.
M5 board member WOLVERINE wrote that trim kits were available in piano black, or other i would assume. That should ease the mind of members who think they may have made a mistake in ordering or do not like their trim after seeing it . Maybe the M5 board could set up a swapping/trading page.Trim kits being FED EX round the globe. Crg

·
Registered
13,638 Posts
Thanks for the write-up David.

Trim parts are easily changed and will be increasingly available from aftermarket suppliers (like realoem.com) so I wouldn't worry too much if you end up with something you don't like.

However, the exterior cannot sensibly be changed. I took one look at Interlagos and felt it was way too bright and 'flat' a colour for me. It just seems odd on such a large car (looks great on the M3). Of course, this is a very personal decision so try and see the colour before you decide.

For those that can, there's always Individual (at a price!).

·
Registered
127 Posts
I opted for the interlagos blue as a friend had an e39 M5 that I believe is in this color. I also speced the silverstone leather and thus the only option for wood trim that made sense was the walnut. Seems that the silver trim with silver leather was a bit much.

To be honest, I still love a silver on black car - thats what mt e39 was and my e46 as well as my Jag but its just too common. I will say that silver hides scratches and dirt the best of any color!
I can still change my mind for another week or so so its back to the dealer to look at other cars. I based my decision on a 5x8" interlagos swatch...

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for your comments guys.

Meant to mention the adaptive seats - i'll be giving them a miss - i see the logic behind them, but when it kicks in even going round a city corner at 20mph it's a bit annoying, i ended up switching them off!

And a comment for Ashok - your Blue Onyx is beautiful - nothing like Interlagos and much more in character of the car, like you said pity it's such a high-priced option.

Cheers,
David.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts