Registered
1,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Reactions: TOYNUT and Tuddie

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Spa is such an amazing track. You are lucky to have 2 amazing tracks close to home. Great videos, thanks for sharing.
I live in the UK, so Spa & Nurburgring are not that close to home as both over 500 miles door to door, but the drive over & on the autobahns make the distance worth doing.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Thanks for sharing the vids they are cool. How did your brakes cope when on track? I wish youd got a proper play with that R8 that would have been something.

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for sharing the vids they are cool. How did your brakes cope when on track? I wish youd got a proper play with that R8 that would have been something.
He knew he was beaten:1:

The brakes did an epic job & performed perfectly, as did the MPSS tyres, however as the front tyres got very hot (85 degrees celsius at one point) they did wear very quickly being so sticky.

My rear bakes lost about 7000 miles of wear in 1000 miles & the fronts about 6000 miles so they did take a pounding.

·
Registered
756 Posts
Anyone know why these videos aren't available (per YouTube's response and sad face error message)? I'm in the States if that's relevant.

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Hey, thank you for the pics. Looks really nice the M5 F10 on the track.
I found a couple of pics from my car from the last weekend.

Thank God for spotters...

The pic from the Karussel looks really nice.
Thanks. They're very handy & great so many are out so often nowadays. When i 1st started visiting the Nordschleife you were lucky to get any shots.

·
Registered
718 Posts
Since 10 years I'm driving the Nordschleife every 2nd, or 3rd weekend.
The first years with a M3 E36 sedan Clubsport, then with a M5 E39. Now with the M5 E61, but I feel the weight.

The E36 was really light. 1250kg. Now I have 1955kg....
I have to brake much more earlier and the speed in the curves is slower.
The acceleration on the straights..., perfect, but the handling in the curves..., difficult.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts