Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
5,226 Posts

·
Registered
13,638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Took about four hours of hobbling around the car (broken foot). The pleasant surprise was how much easier everything was to apply, especially the HD Cleanse, after I had used the Klay.

·
Registered
5,226 Posts
Ashok Arora said:
Took about four hours of hobbling around the car (broken foot). The pleasant surprise was how much easier everything was to apply, especially the HD Cleanse, after I had used the Klay.
Was the clay easy to use as well?

Mark

·
Registered
13,638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes. The trick was to make it flat as a pancake and use lots (I mean lots!!) of lubrication (in the form of Quik-Detailer).

Do also keep in mind that the car is almost 4 years old.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
wow that looks really good!! can i bring my car round? 10quid for 4hrs work ain't bad! ;)

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
That looks fantastic! Question, though, why don't you seal the glaze with a final coat of true wax? I've always been told that it makes the deep shine from the glaze last much longer.

·
Registered
992 Posts
Looking good! :M5thumbs:

·
Super Moderator
10,461 Posts
BKH said:
That looks fantastic! Question, though, why don't you seal the glaze with a final coat of true wax? I've always been told that it makes the deep shine from the glaze last much longer.
zymol is a wax, isn't it?

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
O.K., so I wanted to duplicate this car waxing process and went looking for the Zymol Atlantique. HOLY S**T!!!!! :eek:oohhh: Call me ignorant, but I had noooooooooo idea you could pay over $800 us dollars for a can of wax!!!! hmmm No wonder your car looks that good!!! However, at that price shouldn't it come with its own butler to do the job for you???? :hihi:
Anyway, I settled for a less expensive Zymol wax, the $50 dollar version! Wish me luck, I will be trying your 5 step process this weekend! :crying: :flag:

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Thanks to Ashok I started using HD Cleanse, which is a great product. Is Atlantique the stuff I heard about a few years ago that comes with a "free" lifetime refill?

·
Registered
13,638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I should have warned you guys about the price (sorry).

Atlantique is not the most expensive Zymol glaze and not 'refillable for life'. Apart from having a custom formulation made up ($$$$$) the two most expensive Zymol glazes which DO include refills for life are:

"Vintage" at £1400 a jar

and

"Royale" at £ 5820 a jar (NOT A TYPO!!!)

My solution for getting around these silly prices is to buy the Zymol Sampler Kit.

For around £180 you get the following:

150ml of HD-Cleanse™, 150ml of Clear, 113g each of Destiny, Atlantique, and Vintage waxes, microwipe, detail brush, and booklet on the history of the waxes that were designed for the winners of the Pebble Beach Concours d’Elegance.

Since a little bit of glaze goes a long way this kit will last me a number of years.

The Zymol product code for the kit is SKSK1.

I get all my Zymol stuff from John Drake - very helpful chap, here's the link:

http://www.johnswax.co.uk

Thanks again for the compliments.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Ashok Arora said:
Yes. The trick was to make it flat as a pancake and use lots (I mean lots!!) of lubrication (in the form of Quik-Detailer).
Great shine, though some of those Zymol prices are simply incredible. I am a committed Zaino user.

Pardon my ignorance but wouldn't it make more sense to lubricate the clay bar process with a soapy liquid rather than a wax?

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
OK!!! Here goes!!! I bought the sampler kit with the "Atlantique" in the kit. I purchased it from a place in Williamsburg, Va, they have a link to their site thru Zymol.com. The place is called Emmerson's, they are doing the Zymol booth at the Octoberfest in NC. The owner was very helpful and spent about a half hour explaining how to do everything; application,removal, so on. However, he strongly discouraged using the 3M product because it is silicone based and he says you should go straight from the HD Cleanse to the Atlantique for better adhesion. OK, typing way to much!!!:typing: You guys have turned me into a "junkie", my wife just laughs at me!!!:15: I am like a kid in a candy store!!!!! ouich THanks agian for the post!!!:flag:

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Fantastic results Ashok, think i'm going to have to put some time aside and detail mine, CB is such hard work to keep looking A1 ouich

I too use Zymol products and have been suitably impressed, however I found that the HD Cleanse didn't quite remove swirl marks as expected, so i've purchased some Maguiars Scratch X to incorporate into the regime. Fingers crossed, hopefully it will remove the more stubborn swirls :M5thumbs:

·
Registered
147 Posts
Ashok Arora said:
I should have warned you guys about the price (sorry).

Atlantique is not the most expensive Zymol glaze and not 'refillable for life'. Apart from having a custom formulation made up ($$$$$) the two most expensive Zymol glazes which DO include refills for life are:

"Vintage" at £1400 a jar

and

"Royale" at £ 5820 a jar (NOT A TYPO!!!)

My solution for getting around these silly prices is to buy the Zymol Sampler Kit.

For around £180 you get the following:

150ml of HD-Cleanse™, 150ml of Clear, 113g each of Destiny, Atlantique, and Vintage waxes, microwipe, detail brush, and booklet on the history of the waxes that were designed for the winners of the Pebble Beach Concours d’Elegance.

Since a little bit of glaze goes a long way this kit will last me a number of years.

The Zymol product code for the kit is SKSK1.

I get all my Zymol stuff from John Drake - very helpful chap, here's the link:

http://www.johnswax.co.uk

Thanks again for the compliments.

I did the same thing -- bought the sampler. It took me a few hours to prepare the surface (wash, clay, HD-cleanse) then about an hour to apply and remove the wax. It has lasted for MONTHS and it still beads water amazingly well.

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
Ashok!

Thanks for the tips on application!!! I was just going in one direction with the Vintage, I didn't know you could go back and forth! ouich ouich So, that really helped me get more out of each application. :happybirt Anyway, just bathed her in the 45degrees f. and touched her up with the field glaze and took some pics as promised. I am getting better with the photography, I think!!???? :hihi: :mad:

In the side car pic you can see all the houses down my street as well as me. Today was also very cloudy so not much sunlight to really show off the shine.
:grrrrr:

Attachments

1 - 20 of 20 Posts