BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 503 Posts

·
Registered
8,885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a follow-on thread to: http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/e39-m5-e52-z8-discussion/158087-my-engine-build.html

Given that Bavarian Solutions is supposed to complete my engine build tomorrow, with oversight of the vanos installation and engine timing by Mike O'Neil of Northeast Motorsports, I thought I'd go ahead and post the latest pics of the build. More pics to come. I'll also post some pics of the CCV system I'm installing along with the new build. All the build specs are the same this time around.

--Peter

Attachments

·
Registered
6,918 Posts
Subscribed! Saw the Uberbeast in person last week when I stopped by NEMotorsports for suspension work. The blue beast lies in wait for its heart power transplant.

Reactions: herrubermensch

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
Cant wait for this! Congrats Peter...

·
Registered
962 Posts
Hey Peter, as excited as a few hundred, perhaps a thousand of us here on the Board are to see this come to fruition for you, I can't imagine how you are feeling, though I imagine a bit apprehensive on top of the excitement, given the various trials and tribulations of the build. You may have to give all the DOTs between NY and VA a head's up to get cement patch crews ready to replace all the asphalt you're about to tear up!

Can't wait to see her on the road/track...I may have to stop up to Mike's later this week to see some of the install! Good luck!

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
Thanks for the update. Thanks for letting us be part of what must be, a tumultuous personal thing. I'm sure we here only amplify your feelings of anticipation and apprehension.

Good luck with everything.

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
Finally! Can't wait for you to have your beast running Peter! All the delay will make it even more worth it in the end. ;)

·
Registered
4,672 Posts
Peter your patience is admireable. Congrats on this next step as its a big one. Thanks for keep us up to date!

·
Registered
4,672 Posts
Dupe post, sorry.

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
looking sexy.. nothing as beautyfull as a brand new engine..

what numbers are you actually aiming/wisching for Peter with all the mods done . you going el diablo territory(800+) or more moddest/safe (700+) HP

'im still amazed your putting that mutch patience and dedication in too it..it going too be a monster when its done..
hardly can't wait too see it run

·
Registered
220 Posts
Peter,

Best of luck to you. Can't wait to see it at the Fest. Looks like we will be spending some time in NYC the first week of April. I hope to have time for a beer with you, Ray and his son Eric. McSorley's ? cherrsagai cherrsagai

·
Registered
6,940 Posts
No one deserves this more Peter.......

Can't wait to see how this Beast turns out.

·
Registered
8,885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Peter,

Best of luck to you. Can't wait to see it at the Fest. Looks like we will be spending some time in NYC the first week of April. I hope to have time for a beer with you, Ray and his son Eric. McSorley's ? cherrsagai cherrsagai
Thanks! You bet! Just give me a call. The first week of April is SERIOUS down-time for me as it is immediately after the end of my fiscal year.

--Peter

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
Anxious to see the happy finale to this great story :) Thanks for sharing all this ordeal with us all!

·
Registered
8,885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
looking sexy.. nothing as beautyfull as a brand new engine..

what numbers are you actually aiming/wisching for Peter with all the mods done . you going el diablo territory(800+) or more moddest/safe (700+) HP

'im still amazed your putting that mutch patience and dedication in too it..it going too be a monster when its done..
hardly can't wait too see it run
Thanks! The engine is modeled to achieve 866 bhp/600 tq on pump gas without methanol, so that should put me at over 700 rwhp. With meth and race gas, who knows? The bottom end is modeled to withstand well over 1100 hp, at least in theory.

--Peter

·
Registered
3,611 Posts
It is so great to hear some updates from you on your Engine build again Peter. I hope someone takes some video/pictures of the look on your face when you finally get to drive her!!!

·
Registered
8,885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
It is so great to hear some updates from you on your Engine build again Peter. I hope someone takes some video/pictures of the look on your face when you finally get to driver her!!!
Thanks! You bet. I have a GoPro camera I bought used from DINY (Cristian) that will record the initial drives, and I will video the dyno-tuning when Mr. X returns to the US to do so.

--Peter

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
Good luck, Peter. I know you've been waiting way too long to enjoy your M. Thanks for sharing.

1 - 20 of 503 Posts