BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A big hello to all members. I wish to introduce my M5 after undergoing the ASR Engineering magic. Major thanks go out to Abid of ASR. A professional and brilliant man. The M5 now feels like it's on steroids. The M5 dyno'ed at 460 rwhp on motor alone and with the nitrous it put down 581 rwhp and 461 lbs/ft rw torque. The difference is an astounding feeling and outrageous acceleration. I am thrilled with the NOS kit. The car now has custom air-intakes and a custom exhaust ( headers back to exhaust tips ) designed by Abid.

Included are some pics of the M5 and its siblings. You may remember the yellow 997 GT3 I have, well it's in the hospital. While having a scrimage on I-95 the crank pulley came undone, was demolished and the motor seriously overheated. Do not know if there are an serious internal damages. The pulley I think is coming from another planet and still waiting. I was and still am pissed!

In the meantime an unexpected surprise came across my lap. A used 997 GT3RS was for sale locally with 670 miles and a good price for this gem(only 229 units to the US for MY '07).

Enjoy the pics and BTW the Dymag CF wheels arrived for the GT3 and never in my life have I seen anything so beautiful relavent to automotives. Fronts, 19x9 weigh 16 lbs. and the rears, 19x12 are 18 lbs.

M5Ranger...Juan
http://picasaweb.google.com/whitneydelgado63/TheFamily
http://picasaweb.google.com/whitneydelgado63/DymagWheels02

·
Registered
5,818 Posts
Glad things finally worked out for you, Ranger. Those are some crazy numbers.

And let me say, you're now my idol:goldcup: GT3RS with Dymag's and a kickin' M5? Only fault I can find with you is I would have went with the blue on white color combo:blink:

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey Bonehead I don't follow the statement of the blue on white color combo? Which car are you referring to? The GT3RS does not come in blue. I saw a white one with orange graghics in Houston that was gorgeous but with the mark-up it was too much ($195,000). They're insane.

M5Ranger...Juan

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Marshall the beauty of this system by ASR Engineering is that it is completely stealth. Other than seeing the bottle in the trunk you can not identify any component of the NOS kit. Not even in the car. The switch is in the ceiling of the glove compartment. It's a military switch. In the second compartment of your center console is the control unit, for auto bottle openning, bottle pressures, etc... I saw another M5 having it installed and I couldn't believe how many things they had to take apart to run the system through the car. Abid has it down to a perfect science with the M5. He has designed a custum air-intake system which I feel makes the car faster. The car just on motor now seems quicker than before but need to confirm with dyno. The custom exhaust is also very well thought out. He alters the position of the "x pipe" to be more effective. I have an Eisenmann Miesterschaft GT exhaust with CF tips to sell now.

BTW it seems by the responses that the Audi RS4 is the "redheaded step child" in the family. Nobody even considers it. It's a nice car but it is no threat. Will probably dump it unless someone makes a supercharger for it. MTM, APR and AWE are all tinkering with it but no product for the market yet. With a SC and an extra 120 hp this car will do some damage.

M5Ranger...Juan

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Bonehead thanks for the pic. That is a rare RS. Believe it or not to get white in the RS was an extra option for $4,000! They even charged you extra for the side graghics, unbelieveable. Was that a US or European car? That is a beautiful combo mainly because I love white. Thanks again and good find.

M5Ranger...Juan

·
Registered
5,818 Posts
Bonehead thanks for the pic. That is a rare RS. Believe it or not to get white in the RS was an extra option for $4,000! They even charged you extra for the side graghics, unbelieveable. Was that a US or European car? That is a beautiful combo mainly because I love white. Thanks again and good find.

M5Ranger...Juan
No prob. US car. Right here in NY.

Here's another shot from that same day.

·
Registered
8,301 Posts
It's all good....

·
Registered
3,179 Posts
Be careful w/the Dymag wheels....a local fellow has them on a Noble M400..and he was constantly losing tire pressure...apparently on the Dymags where the CF meets the Magnesium there is an adhesive and it came slightly loose and leaked air....that aside...never saw wheels as good looking or as light....love the GT3RS....nice color combo as well.
BTW: Ed that White GT3RS belongs to NYMC member Emil...he is running in the Panamerica Rally
Regards
S

·
Registered
839 Posts
M5Ranger. I must say, you have the sweetest M5 I have seen to date. Congrats to you on putting together a tasteful and trick looking beast. I wish I got white, you have so many more options with customizing.

I normally don't like things like the M5 color bands on the side valance, but on your car, they look awesome.

Well done! :cheers:

·
Registered
331 Posts
Nitrious Kit

So, what does the Nitrious kit cost for the E60 M5?
How does the SMG transmission handle the extra power and torque? What does that do for the OEM warranty?

Regards,

JDS

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
So, what does the Nitrious kit cost for the E60 M5?
How does the SMG transmission handle the extra power and torque? What does that do for the OEM warranty?

Regards,

JDS
I think if you go for this mod you should expect the powertrain warranties
to be invalidated. But that's the game you play with mods.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts