BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In Nürburg at the moment, it's been snowing today but still managed to get a couple of laps in.

This is my 4th visit (the first with the M5, only bought it 2 weeks ago).

Just had an inspection 1 and fluid change (gearbox oil, coolant diff oil and brake fluid) last week and also new rear tyres and front pads so it should be in good health for it!

The car is absolutely amazing :)

Edit: Oh, and this is my first post, so Hi!!

Attachments

·
Registered
877 Posts
awesome pics. congrats on the purchase and welcome!

·
Registered
6,958 Posts
Not a bad first post! :)

Nice photos!

Welcome!
:cheers:
Dave

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Previous car was a 2000 530i Sport (Auto) which also had a couple of trips to the 'ring.

Loved the car so an M5 seemed like the perfect upgrade!!

·
Registered
385 Posts
welcome!

ive got a sneaky feeling your car has (probably) the lowest mileage in the country ...

im yet to visit the 'ring but am hoping to make it up there in may. have you been on guided trips or just organising things on your own?

the reason i ask is that ive just started putting my trip together and trying to figure out the best way to go about it ..

thanks
pasha

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Organised myself with a few friends, prefer the flexibility of doing it that way.

The first time we took the ferry as it was cheap, but have since decided we prefer to pay a bit more for the speed and convenience of the channel tunnel. It's about a 4 hour drive from the Chunnel terminal to Nürburg, if you have satnav you can't go too wrong.

Hotel accommodation locally is mainly independent type places, but they are generally cheap and functional.

We stay in the Hotel Am Tiergarten which is less than a mile from the track entrance and is located next to the renowned Pistenklause restaurant. Prices are pretty good if you are sharing a room between a couple of people and include breakfast and free wifi.

·
Registered
385 Posts
thanks for the info. any plans to go back this summer? would be nice to get an M5 'ring meet on the go ...

·
Registered
170 Posts
Haywood & Scott

Pete, i have just sorted out a group buy for Haywood & Scott exhausts recently and it closes just after Easter so have a look at the thread and if you interested give me a shout, regards, Ste.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
They opened up the GP circuit today for public use, something they don't do that often, so I feel quite lucky to have driven it :)

·
Registered
624 Posts
Hi and Welcome as has been stated already but thats an excellent first post!!:M5thumbs:

Love the colour, looks great on the track .

I've had mine a year and still got some work to do before I can get her near a track let alone the "ring"

·
Registered
764 Posts
Peter you may have the coolest first post ever on the forum! Congratulations, welcome, and best of luck with the new beast. I've had mine for 6+ years now and every day is still a treat. Been to the 'ring once myself, but unfortunately just as a visitor, not as a driver. I did get to see the white M5 ring taxi back in 2003 though, so that was pretty cool, along with the Z8 they had hanging on the wall in the museum.

-Keith

1 - 20 of 25 Posts