BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
404 Posts
Koni FSD, where did you get those? They are no longer available for the 540i/M5 (now called Koni Active) and the old FSD's had a problem with the rear spring perch so the car ended up sitting higher in the rear.

Having had FSD's on my old 330Ci ZHP, they are hands down my favorite shock.

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Koni FSD, where did you get those? They are no longer available for the 540i/M5 (now called Koni Active) and the old FSD's had a problem with the rear spring perch so the car ended up sitting higher in the rear.

Having had FSD's on my old 330Ci ZHP, they are hands down my favorite shock.
Local store had those on sale, probably last set. Rear perch has two settings so maybe use lower one when install.

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
You're lucky. They've been out of stock for a while.

Yellow Koni's for the M5 have 3 settings for the rear spring perch - https://www.m5board.com/threads/koni-fsd-ride-height-with-stock-springs.113059/

Let us know how it goes and report how they ride.
They cost 499€, include shipping.

Thanks for link. Have to think what to do. "3) Just run the 2nd groove from top with full length spring and live with the car sitting 1/2" high. " This sounds good, 12mm is not much. Have to measure ride height now, stock should have 578mm +-10mm. 12mm is almost same as stock deviation.

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Sunny autumn day +9C, M5 grab a sunlight beam before winter darkness. After 2month sleep it fires up and tick tick tick lifter noise that went away ~5min idle. Cool air and cold tarmac makes it feel like +100hp. Forecast says 0C tomorrow morning so might be interesting drive to work.

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
I bought E34 M5 2013, last year sold it and bought E39 M5. Now i sold this also. I have no plans to buy another anymore. Great cars, great times. Im very lucky man, i had privilege to own these magnificient cars, best ever produced.

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
I bought E34 M5 2013, last year sold it and bought E39 M5. Now i sold this also. I have no plans to buy another anymore.
Okay then. :unsure:

Reactions: Eero H
21 - 30 of 30 Posts