BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi guys.

I had E34 M5 many years. I bought this and sold E34 away.

7/99 build, Carbonschwarz like most of these DE91. Volleder Nappa Praegeleder Silverstone (O6SS) interior, 209 build. Alcantara roof lining (with alcantara sun visors) and parcel shelf. 165k km on odometer, fully working car and drives fine.

Glass Roof Electrical
Sunblind Rear
Warning Triangle And First Aid Kit
Throughloading System
Navigation System Professional+television (TV has no picture, here no analog broadcast anymore)
Voice Control
Car Telephone GSM W Card Reader Front
Radio BMW Professional RDS
CD Changer For 6 CDs
HiFi Speaker System
Park Distance Control PDC
Headlight WipewashIntensive Cleaning
Xenon Light
Side Airbags For Rear Passengers
Protective Glazing (previous owner replaced opening windows with douple glass)
Alarm System

Previous owner installed some new parts, but still has things to do. Just bought CC bearings, timing chain+rails, vanos parts, waterpump etc small stuff.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Very nice! Leather looks OEM and the car is very clean.

You are doing timing chain and guides preventively or you are having issues?

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,055 Posts
Congratulations! Looks like a great example. The seats look pristine. Good call on the new steering wheel (or resurfacing the old one). That really gives the new car feel.

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Few new parts again, mostly to rear axle.

Inspection III is coming soon, new timing chain parts, new conrob bearings and vanos rebuild. Just in case, no problems so far...

·
Registered
701 Posts
WOW those bearings look amazing, and based on the oil analysis, didn't need to be changed, so why change?

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
WOW those bearings look amazing, and based on the oil analysis, didn't need to be changed, so why change?
Well, peace of mind i quess. Ive notice if UOA says bearings are fine, they really are. This once again proofs that. If, just IF i some day sell this car, its near impossible to sell here if bearings has not replaced. So i have to do that anyway so why wait.

Also new Pilkington CTD windshield installed.

Got these also, still thinking install or not...

·
Registered
253 Posts
Well, peace of mind i quess. Ive notice if UOA says bearings are fine, they really are. This once again proofs that. If, just IF i some day sell this car, its near impossible to sell here if bearings has not replaced. So i have to do that anyway so why wait.
That seems to be a huge misconception in Europe for E39 M5 that I also experienced when I was selling my previous M5s, one with 77k km and one with 174k km. This question kept coming up from potential buyers as a major concern which made no sense to me. If UOA results are fine, the car had regular oil changes and oil is clean I see no reason to replace them prematurely. People would usually understand in the end but it's just annoying since bearings are not an issue or common replace item on S62. Even talking to some mechanics here they would try to talk you into it like it's a service interval which again I find annoying.

Go for the exhaust, I could never drive an M5 with stock exhaust setup, it's pointless and stops you from enjoying that V8 properly.

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
That seems to be a huge misconception in Europe for E39 M5
There might be a problem with some cars, oil chance interval 25000km and lot of high speed driving on autobahn burnouts etc... Also same with S38, CR bearings last forever in USA but in europe ~200k km and needs replacement. When i sold my E34M5 i said UOA shows no problem, but still many say i believe when i see old bearings. Here in Finland is maybe me and few my friends who sent old oil to lab. Others think its just BS... Dark middle age still in some areas...

·
Registered
253 Posts
Yeah, UOA is not very popular here either and most people don't even know what it is but that's their problem. Looking at the service book of my M5, it had oil changes every 10-15.000 km. There are some exceptions but bearings are generally not an issue on S62 and I wouldn't worry about them as long as the Blackstone results are fine.

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Engine runs super smoothly and quietly now. New drive shaft installed and few new suspension part also, runs like new.

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Winter is almost here so M5 went winter hibernation. Drove about 4000km this summer, next year more i hope.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts