BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

My E39 M5 1999 Carbonschwarz

5K views 29 replies 10 participants last post by  Essixtytwo 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi guys.

I had E34 M5 many years. I bought this and sold E34 away.

7/99 build, Carbonschwarz like most of these DE91. Volleder Nappa Praegeleder Silverstone (O6SS) interior, 209 build. Alcantara roof lining (with alcantara sun visors) and parcel shelf. 165k km on odometer, fully working car and drives fine.

Glass Roof Electrical
Sunblind Rear
Warning Triangle And First Aid Kit
Throughloading System
Navigation System Professional+television (TV has no picture, here no analog broadcast anymore)
Voice Control
Car Telephone GSM W Card Reader Front
Radio BMW Professional RDS
CD Changer For 6 CDs
HiFi Speaker System
Park Distance Control PDC
Headlight WipewashIntensive Cleaning
Xenon Light
Side Airbags For Rear Passengers
Protective Glazing (previous owner replaced opening windows with douple glass)
Alarm System

Previous owner installed some new parts, but still has things to do. Just bought CC bearings, timing chain+rails, vanos parts, waterpump etc small stuff.

See less See more
#6 ·
Congratulations! Looks like a great example. The seats look pristine. Good call on the new steering wheel (or resurfacing the old one). That really gives the new car feel.

#13 ·
Well, peace of mind i quess. Ive notice if UOA says bearings are fine, they really are. This once again proofs that. If, just IF i some day sell this car, its near impossible to sell here if bearings has not replaced. So i have to do that anyway so why wait.

Also new Pilkington CTD windshield installed.

Got these also, still thinking install or not...

#16 ·
Yeah, UOA is not very popular here either and most people don't even know what it is but that's their problem. Looking at the service book of my M5, it had oil changes every 10-15.000 km. There are some exceptions but bearings are generally not an issue on S62 and I wouldn't worry about them as long as the Blackstone results are fine.

#23 ·
Koni FSD, where did you get those? They are no longer available for the 540i/M5 (now called Koni Active) and the old FSD's had a problem with the rear spring perch so the car ended up sitting higher in the rear.

Having had FSD's on my old 330Ci ZHP, they are hands down my favorite shock.

#26 ·
You're lucky. They've been out of stock for a while.

Yellow Koni's for the M5 have 3 settings for the rear spring perch - https://www.m5board.com/threads/koni-fsd-ride-height-with-stock-springs.113059/

Let us know how it goes and report how they ride.
They cost 499€, include shipping.

Thanks for link. Have to think what to do. "3) Just run the 2nd groove from top with full length spring and live with the car sitting 1/2" high. " This sounds good, 12mm is not much. Have to measure ride height now, stock should have 578mm +-10mm. 12mm is almost same as stock deviation.

#27 ·
Sunny autumn day +9C, M5 grab a sunlight beam before winter darkness. After 2month sleep it fires up and tick tick tick lifter noise that went away ~5min idle. Cool air and cold tarmac makes it feel like +100hp. Forecast says 0C tomorrow morning so might be interesting drive to work.

#29 ·
I bought E34 M5 2013, last year sold it and bought E39 M5. Now i sold this also. I have no plans to buy another anymore.
Okay then. :unsure:

Reactions: Eero H
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.