BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6,940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I wanted to go a little off the beaten path with the shadow chrome color when I refinished my wheels. I contacted the guys at Wheel Medic Inc. here in Columbus Ohio and asked them if they could do the OEM shadow chrome, but a bit darker than stock. Man did they nail it.....

Please excuse the dirty tires, it's only 24 degrees here and I didn't feel like getting frost bite on my hands. I DID take the car for a spin after installing the wheels though!! Everything melted off this weekend, then we had a heavy rain to wash the salt off the roads. I felt safe taking her for a quick spin. Man do I miss driving this Beast!

I will take some better pictures as soon as it warms up a bit and I can clean the tires. This is what I have for now.....

·
Registered
595 Posts
Cool! Nice job!!

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Very nice! How is the color compared to my wheels?

·
Registered
472 Posts
:M5thumbs: - keep thinking I should go for this kind of finish instead of my gloss black as it looks perfect for any colour - and you cannot see much dirt on them.

·
Registered
6,940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Very nice! How is the color compared to my wheels?
Well....... LOL........ When you so GRACIOUSLY let me borrow your wheels (thank you btw) you gave them to me DIRTY. hiha I have not washed them, but really should before I return them. They are a bit darker than yours. I would like to clean your wheels and do a side by side.

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
Awesome color, looks great!
Reminds me of whats commonly called "black chrome" on aftermarket wheels.

·
Registered
543 Posts
They did an excellent job! I would be very pleased with those.

·
Registered
6,940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Awesome color, looks great!
Reminds me of whats commonly called "black chrome" on aftermarket wheels.
I ALMOST went with the actual "black chrome". After talking with the guys at Wheel Medic, "black chrome" is a totally different process. I wasn't sure I wanted to go to that extreme. I wanted to stay close to stock, but just a few shades darker.

·
Registered
3,553 Posts
Tim,

Looks sick buddy. Nicely done. Really like the darker shade. Goes well with the black beauty

Reactions: timmay77

·
Registered
234 Posts
Very nice Tim, My 10th year birthday present (yr 2001) to the Beast is all 4 wheels being refinished. Some time this Spring. I expect I will go with Wheel Medic as well. Congrats. Looks Great!

·
Registered
425 Posts
Looks great Tim. I bet it felt good to take her for a spin!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts