BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

61 - 72 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Ok!!

If they can make the rim about the thickness of the new style wheel (provided it doesn't look goofy on the older one), that's the route I'm going to take.
I'm not sure of the exact thickness of the new wheel but mine (Post #41) is definitely thicker than the stock wheel. I'm not sure if the leather is thicker or it has some other material wrapped below the leather. It certainly doesn't feel spongy like foam would. It feels perfect to me.

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Love the new option change out in steering wheels.
Here's a pic of the GT335 I'm driving this week.
I like this leather (not perforated on the sides), but would like to add the alcantara to the section at the top and bottom (maybe just bottom)
Can this be done?
I've only seen the all alcantara and the perorated side options
Apples

Attachments

·
Registered
428 Posts
I like this leather (not perforated on the sides), but would like to add the alcantara to the section at the top and bottom (maybe just bottom)
Can this be done?
I don't see why not - alcantara on top and bottom and standard/stock leather on sides is what I have on my custom wheel (I will post a pic as soon as my car is out of shop). Here's a pic of one with alcantara/perforated leather (not of my car).

Also, I had a great experience with the guy at Petersen Project (link listed in first page).

Attachments

·
Registered
539 Posts
Here is the shot of mine with the factory leather and alcantara top and bottom:

This is absolutely stunning. I do like that quite a bit. The rim appears to be much thicker now. Is that correct? I would like to do something very similar to this but without the Alcantara across the top or an equal length section (like the bottom) across the top. I like that style of leather, it looks great . How much was this and where did you have it done? I think both the M5 and 540i could benefit from this treatment.

It definitely adds a touch of sportiness and elegance to any interior. That, new shift boots and e-brake boots and illuminated ZHP knob would definitely do the trick.

61 - 72 of 72 Posts