BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

81 - 81 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
What kind of colour/finish would this be?!

Cheers, Dennis!

It was this color before getting paint removed, this is Hot Rod Flatz.

I was going to re-spray it in Hot Rod Flatz, but decided against in last minute due to the huge amounts of effort the painter has put in, I will be going back to Carbon Black.

The plan is afterward to coat the Carbon Black with semi transparent satin-gloss AutoFlex liquid spray-on-wrap, that is pretty much like PlastiDip but much much better quality.. that will be later, though. So the car once finished, will be Carbon Black, but with liquid wrap look pretty much like it does above, except now there will be blue highlights coming through the satin transparent wrap from the Carbon Black color.

I actually sent the painter the pictures that M5 Sydney posted here of work completed, and told him "this is the intended result".

My painter is being thorough and even cleaning up all the crevices from original paint. In picture below you can see where he removed all paint from the roof rails and also the original now hardened rubber strip (no longer visible) that he will replace so there is zero chance rust can build up due to the rubber becoming brittle and starting to let water though.

I just can't spray a custom flat finish on such a detailed meticulous paint surface restoration/preparation job, so we going back to Carbon Black.

81 - 81 of 81 Posts
About this Discussion
80 Replies
42 Participants
Terabass
BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums
M5Board is the best forum community for information on the BMW M5 E60 (V-10), E39 (V-8), E34 (straight 6), E28, F90 and F10. Discuss performance, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing