BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looks like his car's got more rear camber and mine's got more front. See here:







I left a note on the car asking for a phone call so I could check out the car, but I guess they were not interested. Nobody called.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,176 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,093 Posts
Very Pretty :M5thumbs: Red & Blue M5's look awesome together.


I'm liking the exemption of the Fog Lights on the Dinan ;) , kinda gives the M a wider, meaner look.

C.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,559 Posts
canysmc said:
California Plate: DINAN

Isn't that Steve Dinan's car? :confused:
Yes, it's Steve's car. It was shipped to NC for the O'fest and was on display at the Dinan booth in the vendor area all week at the Sheraton. I tried to work on Eric from Dinan to work with me to do a new "Gustav video" duplicating the prior one but this time with the car in S3 tune...he couldn't, but if Steve had been here, it probably would have happened.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,472 Posts
Very nice... but why'd you park so close to the other Beast??? Door dings??? ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,559 Posts
This is Steve's personal car, so it's uncertain "how much" has been spent. :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I parked close just to get good photos. I pulled it back away after the photos were taken :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,559 Posts
MPRESIV said:
But you guys noticed that too many "DINAN" letterings on the rear? ;)
Yea, I would never put that label on my car...much better to spank an E60 M5 with an S3 and pretend you don't know what's up with his car. ??????
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
283 Posts
For a car that has had so much money put into it, Steve could've at least updated to the facelifted head and tail lights. It looks so dated next to REDSHIFT's car.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
837 Posts
Just a quick question, how come Steve Dinan never posts here and shares all of his M5 info with the masses? maybe he does but I have never noticed, has this ever been addressed before, I find it hard to believe that somebody that is an enthuisist would never want the chat or share ideas with fellow enthuisists? Just wondering, Josh
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Being in the business as he is, but with much less experience and much less interesting work and projects than he is doing, I can say that he is probably just too darn busy.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,559 Posts
...not to mention the potential attackers who, while small in number, would do their best to undermine him and his products. If I was him, it wouldn't be worth it to me to spend my time dealing with that element of the Internet.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,958 Posts
Opposite_Lock said:
For a car that has had so much money put into it, Steve could've at least updated to the facelifted head and tail lights. It looks so dated next to REDSHIFT's car.
That was a thought I had too, but on second thought, I kinda like that his car proudly wears the original non-halo xenons...

Cheers,
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
767 Posts
CSBM5 said:
...not to mention the potential attackers who, while small in number, would do their best to undermine him and his products. If I was him, it wouldn't be worth it to me to spend my time dealing with that element of the Internet.
Exactly what would happen, and he's too experienced and professional to fall into this trap. He's been trashed before by a few on this board who find it hard to believe that his products are good and people buy them because they work. He's a nice guy and has come into the loby several times to personally answer my questions.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,559 Posts
Philip said:
Exactly what would happen, and he's too experienced and professional to fall into this trap. He's been trashed before by a few on this board who find it hard to believe that his products are good and people buy them because they work. He's a nice guy and has come into the loby several times to personally answer my questions.
I called Dinan way back in ~1982 when I was looking for a solution (i.e. camber plates) for my 1972 Bavaria. I talked with Steve for a long time on the phone that day and was very impressed with him. At the time I was in grad school studying mechanical & aerospace engineering, and when I got off the phone, I remember saying to myself that "this guy knows his stuff."
 
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Top