BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got the latest update on my M5. Production week was scheduled for week 36. As of yesterday, it was in the paint shop and its scheduled completion date is Sept. 7. I hope that means it catches an early boat and is here sometime in early October. I'm sure there will be a few of us on the same boat....

·
Registered
331 Posts
FaastM5 said:
I just got the latest update on my M5. Production week was scheduled for week 36. As of yesterday, it was in the paint shop and its scheduled completion date is Sept. 7. I hope that means it catches an early boat and is here sometime in early October. I'm sure there will be a few of us on the same boat....

I cant wait to see who on this board takes delivery first. Hope its me!

·
Registered
540 Posts
Strange, since Dingolfing is closed till the 5th for their August holidays

Maybe the body is built but wont enter the paint shop till production reopens on monday the 5th, then go into the normal storage untill fitment on the 6th or 7th

It takes 12 hours to paint a E60 and then about another 12 hours to fit everything into the car

·
Registered
955 Posts
SuperBMW said:
Strange, since Dingolfing is closed till the 5th for their August holidays

Maybe the body is built but wont enter the paint shop till production reopens on monday the 5th, then go into the normal storage untill fitment on the 6th or 7th

It takes 12 hours to paint a E60 and then about another 12 hours to fit everything into the car

i don't know where you get the date from. but Dingolfing is working at full capacity since Aug 22. their Aug vacation lasted approximately 3 weeks.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Factory is OPEN!

Ok,,I stand corrected, I just got off the phone with BMW and my car is STATUS 155 waiting for final inspection and will be finished by TUESDAY! It will then sit and wait until the boat is full, then it will sit in the US for a couple of weeks waiting for the US to let the dealers have it.

They are head of schedule but don't get you hopes up too high, I am thinking early OCT to Mid OCT...

FLOYD

·
Registered
100 Posts
FaastM5 said:
Nice! which dealership did you go through?

·
Registered
431 Posts
m5floyd said:
Factory is OPEN!

Ok,,I stand corrected, I just got off the phone with BMW and my car is STATUS 155 waiting for final inspection and will be finished by TUESDAY! It will then sit and wait until the boat is full, then it will sit in the US for a couple of weeks waiting for the US to let the dealers have it.

They are head of schedule but don't get you hopes up too high, I am thinking early OCT to Mid OCT...

FLOYD
Ok, just as thought, it's Tuesday and my car has passed inspection and is now waiting to be trucked to the Ship yard for transport across the Atlantic.

Answer to your question:
Bramen Motors in Florida.

Floyd

·
Registered
100 Posts
m5floyd said:
Ok, just as thought, it's Tuesday and my car has passed inspection and is now waiting to be trucked to the Ship yard for transport across the Atlantic.

Answer to your question:
Bramen Motors in Florida.

Floyd
Are you getting this level of information from your dealer or the 800 number? They're just telling me that mine is in production.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts