BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello

I´m new here in this Board, so I would show you my C55 AMG
First some words to my person, my name is Jan, 28 years old, I´m coming from Germany, but live now in sweden (Örebro) since 2,5years. Since 2years I own an C55 AMG.
In the past I have driven an Alfa Romeo Spider 3.0 V6 and also I have an Alfa Rome 155 3.0V6 (stock was an 2,5V6)
After the spider I was looking for a new Car and searched in the beginning for some M3 but the most was not in real good conditions or to expensive, after a testrun with the C55 I know, I need this Car ;)
Also i´m a member of the official AMG-Owners-Club (AMG Owners Club e. V.)

Yes and this is my one:

05/2005
-AMG-Speedshift controlling (M2) - shorter shifting time in manuell mode.
-AMG- Shiftpaddles
-AMG Vmax limiter set up to 280km/h
-Black roof and some black details
-the rest is stock
-(EDIT) 3M SLN Luminescent numberplate

Thats all, for now. It´s not an BMW, but I hope you like the car :)

mvh
Jan

Attachments

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hello

Thanks. I must say, I have no one seen here in sweden (till now), also in Germany (where I live) I have not seen so much till now. Also the most people don´t know about this Car, what could be really funny on the Autobahn ;) specially some Porsche driver could be really pissed sometimes :D

mvh
Jan

·
Registered
2,982 Posts
Welcome to the board. The C55 is a great car. At first glance most people would think it was a plain C180 and by that time you would be long gone! :M5launch:

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hello

Yes regular it´is limited at 250km/h, then you can buy a option from AMG to 280km/h-Limit (including a AMG-Basic-Training), complete open it will run -I think- not so much more, it´s now quiet near the rev-limiter at 280km/h.
There are some companys which will take out the Speedlimit, but then you will get some problems during warranty.

At the moment It´s just waiting, because the Car is running on saison numberplates (april - october), needs to get service and TÜV on 1st April. I think in end of May I will take it up to sweden = 1400km-test to get the consumption as low as possible :D

//Jan

·
Registered
162 Posts
Awesome AMG!!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Sweet ride.
Didn't Mercedes fit the CLK nose on the C55?
From the looks of your car I expect they did.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hello

Yes it is the "nose" from the CLK, the original C-Class is to short to fit in the V8, so they take the fenders and bumbers from the CLK.

greetings
Jan

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hello

No see it the first time, but according to the front bumpers it should be an "old driving academy" car, or one of the rare modified AMG-C55 cars, you could order some Motortuning, special Brake, Springs and gearbox setup, directly from AMG. looks, like it has also the 19" 2-part-wheels from the E-Class.

here is the old Driving academy car:

http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=131600&stc=1&d=1302812351

http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=131601&stc=1&d=1302812351

These Cars was sold from AMG, to some people after the W204 was coming out, they have also the rollcage and single seats in the rear.

greetings
Jan

Attachments

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Hello

Yes the Track days are great, the next one will be for me in Hockenheim, this is the "Advance training" with the SLS. But it is in Oktober so loooong waiting time :(

1 - 20 of 27 Posts