BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know of a solution (besides losing weight) on getting a more comfortable seat? I'm guessing I have to go to a junk yard but I read on this board that the U.S. only had the sports seat option. I love my 2000 540i but if the trip is over one hour it's hell.

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
Just grab one from another 5 series model. Or rebuild the seat with better foam added to it.

·
Registered
237 Posts
I know a guy that had a 540i with sport seats...hated them so much he raised hell all the way up the regional BMW channels...got 'em swapped out for comfort seats...but he also hated those. Both 540 seats made his butt and his back hurt! Then he got an M5 and...shazaam!! He loves his seats!!!

(Don't really know how to explain that one, the seats aren't that much different.)

I do have some real advice though: If you carry your wallet in your back pocket, you should take it out when you drive...wallets in the back pocket causes misalignment of the spine while in the car seat...a sure way to create a back or butt ache!

·
Registered
12,778 Posts
buymenow00 said:
If you carry your wallet in your back pocket, you should take it out when you drive...wallets in the back pocket causes misalignment of the spine while in the car seat..
After buying and maintaining an M5, that wallet is so thin it shouldn't cause any problems!!!! :haha2: If seats would fit, the recent older (E38?) 7 series had some of the most comfortable seats ever, check the junk yard for those.
Regards,
Jerry

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
:M5thumbs: Thanks guys. I'll y'all know if I find one at junk yard.

gil315 said:
Does anyone know of a solution (besides losing weight) on getting a more comfortable seat? I'm guessing I have to go to a junk yard but I read on this board that the U.S. only had the sports seat option. I love my 2000 540i but if the trip is over one hour it's hell.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I agree having a 740 for a daily driver and then the M5 for the weekends. Man those E38 seats are great. You should easily be able to find a set at junk yard or something.

·
Banned
44 Posts
gil315 said:
Do you have the sport seats? What color?

I have black 'standard' seats in my E39 that I'd like to trade for sport seats. I live in the Northeast (Upstate NY). Let me know...

~ DDB

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Mine are tan. :(

DDB540 said:
Do you have the sport seats? What color?

I have black 'standard' seats in my E39 that I'd like to trade for sport seats. I live in the Northeast (Upstate NY). Let me know...

~ DDB

1 - 8 of 8 Posts