BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I decided to register for a bracket racing event on Monday night!

Here's how it works, you register your dial in index. There were a choice of 13s, 12s, 10s, 9s and an open index. I decided to register in the 13s index because I was running stock wheels and tires. ( You hear that Rab Dog? Stock wheels and tires ) LOL

The name of the game is simple, get as close to 13s as possible without breaking it! Otherwise I'm out! I got 2 qualifying chances to make it. This was my first run which took me by surprise completely.. I was hoping for 13.4 or 13.2.

MDM, S5 with shifts at 7500rpm.

My next run was the best experience of my life! Too bad my camera died on me moments before it. Good that it did cause I was screaming like a little girl inside!!! LOL

I decided to do exactly the same except... S4 with shifts at 6500rpm. And guess what my time was????

13.02!!!! Woooooooootooootoo!!!!

Hopefully someone got it on camera and I will be able to post that run up here!

Oh and I was drawn against a modded EVO X, I lost cause I broke my time again although I beat him to the finish line!!!

Reactions: M V10

·
Registered
6,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Why did you try S4? Did it help?
Yes, i wanted to slow myself down to 13's without having to do it manually! I let the car's electronics do it for me!
I had to make a decision on how I was going to make it to the low 13's and not break into the 12's again.

1. Change my launch and my 60' time.
2. Slow down before the finish line!

I decided to run exactly the same but let the earlier and longer shifts do the job!

·
Registered
314 Posts
Speed Channel's "Pinks all out" would be very unhappy with you ...pedaling! :wroom:

Why does every surface look sooo smooth over there? Do you guys even know what a "tar snake" is, a frost heave ? Can I get a whatwhat for a pothole?

Reactions: Ahmed
1 - 8 of 8 Posts