BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sooo... i was messing around with my baby last night trying to figure out how to remove grilles for painting gloss black and noticed the previous owner installed RPI scoops...:eek:h:...i shrieked like a giddy school girl and had to contain myself in case the neighbors heard me...:eek7:

Was too dark to take pics, plus they werre black, si i included pics of the car....cant wait to see what other mods i can find, keeping my fingers cossed...:goldcup:

·
Registered
13,461 Posts
Well I guess the car was modified a little before the sale then. I wonder what else is on the car :3:

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
You are funny.. You could not see the scoops before standing in front of the car looking through the grills? Did you even open the engine bay when you bought the car :haha:
I reckon the charcoal filter is probably done as well. Most that go to the trouble of installing the block off plates along with the scoops just yank the charcoal filter in the process. I don't see any suspension drop from the pics posted so no springs or suspension work.

Reactions: Turbotyler

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You are funny.. You could not see the scoops before standing in front of the car looking through the grills? Did you even open the engine bay when you bought the car :haha:
I reckon the charcoal filter is probably done as well. Most that go to the trouble of installing the block off plates along with the scoops just yank the charcoal filter in the process. I don't see any suspension drop from the pics posted so no springs or suspension work.
Yeah...I know...I didn't know about all the basic mods before I purchased, learning as I go, came from Infiniti, know about damn near every mod for the VQ. I will look into it more this wknd

·
Registered
13,461 Posts
Yeah...I know...I didn't know about all the basic mods before I purchased, learning as I go, came from Infiniti, know about damn near every mod for the VQ. I will look into it more this wknd
I came from a G35 myself but a heavily modified one.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Sooo... i was messing around with my baby last night trying to figure out how to remove grilles for painting gloss black and noticed the previous owner installed RPI scoops...:eek:h:...i shrieked like a giddy school girl and had to contain myself in case the neighbors heard me...:eek7:

Was too dark to take pics, plus they werre black, si i included pics of the car....cant wait to see what other mods i can find, keeping my fingers cossed...:goldcup:
Hey OP,

Looks like you have yourself a very nice M5 there. Looking at the pics, I can't see any mods myself, but I did notice that your car has the best sound system BMW offered for the M5...a nice bonus as well. :M5thumbs:

As far as the front grills and side "gills" go, have you considered the BMW OEM versions (or maybe even carbon fiber - e.g. Turner Motorsport versions)? They BMW OEM performance versions are not gloss black, but they do look very, very nice with certain color combos - yours being one. The carbon fiber versions are expensive, but really add an extremely nice touch to the car (from seeing these on other members' cars). Just something for you to consider.

Thanks for sharing the pics; we always enjoy pics here on the board!

Enjoy your ride! :checkeredflag:

Best,

Reactions: georstan

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I came from a G35 myself but a heavily modified one.
I know...seen it in your tagline. Mine was fun but just lowered, exhaust, plenum kit, sways. I jumped into the M5 because i was craving more power and my G was high mileage and automatic, the cost was too high to get the performance i needed.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hey OP,

Looks like you have yourself a very nice M5 there. Looking at the pics, I can't see any mods myself, but I did notice that your car has the best sound system BMW offered for the M5...a nice bonus as well. :M5thumbs:

As far as the front grills and side "gills" go, have you considered the BMW OEM versions (or maybe even carbon fiber - e.g. Turner Motorsport versions)? They BMW OEM performance versions are not gloss black, but they do look very, very nice with certain color combos - yours being one. The carbon fiber versions are expensive, but really add an extremely nice touch to the car (from seeing these on other members' cars). Just something for you to consider.

Thanks for sharing the pics; we always enjoy pics here on the board!

Enjoy your ride! :checkeredflag:

Best,
Thanks a lot, i am slowly trying to add smart and tasteful mode to it as i go. I do want the OEM grilles and gills, i will do a search but who has them for the best price?
I want a section 3 exhaust bad also, i need more volume from the V10 without sounding obnoxious, so much for me to learn about and get right.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Awesome find! I found the scoops on mine when I went out to look and see if the charcoal filter was removed right before I placed my order for scoops and filters. I was so happy, what a find!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts