BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
Just bought some angel eye upgrade bulbs for my 540i from that company Autotint Design (inside cover of Total bmw).
They are awesome!!!! :imnotworthy: :M5eyes:
I've got xenons on my E39 and the rings looked yellowie next to the xenon beam, but now with these upgrade bulbs my angel eye rings match up to the xenon light. These upgrade bulbs clearly changed the look of the front of my car, they make the rings light up a crisp white.
I've noticed some people have bought these and there not bright enough but the ones i bought are 7000K and my hids are 6000k so the rings look just right.
Now my car looks different but really isn't!!!!
Fantastic product!!!!:woowoo:

Steve

Attachments

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Maybe I'm the only one in the world, but I like the soft warm tungsten glow of the stock angel eye bulbs.

·
Registered
9,355 Posts
Nice!

What you're describing (xxxxk) is the color, not the brightness. Brightness for angel eyes is indicated by watts. Most are 5 watts.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I changed the angel eye bulbs to match my xenon lights and these bulbs seem to be alot brighter then the other ones.
The warm glow didn't bother me until i saw this product which i instantly wanted.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Maybe I'm the only one in the world, but I like the soft warm tungsten glow of the stock angel eye bulbs.
Same here. But I wish I could make them brighter and keep than yellow tint. I like the contrast it makes with the Xenon low beams.

·
Registered
683 Posts
Same here. But I wish I could make them brighter and keep than yellow tint. I like the contrast it makes with the Xenon low beams.
+1

·
Registered
601 Posts
web site ?? or contact info ...if you dont have the magazine ??

·
Registered
167 Posts
Another vote. I'm even having a hard time biting the bullet and upgrading from the stock 00 look. Sure with the lights on it's not quite as cool, but there's just something really elegant about the original design.

·
Registered
1,158 Posts

I understand that the upgrade makes the car run better and everyone says wow - he's got upgraded angel eyes. ouich...:1::1:

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
I just upgraded my 00 :M5eyes: and it is definitely faster. :biggrinbounce::M5launch:
How's the night vision now? :cool:

Sorry guys, not trying to be mean or a jerk, just having some fun.:M5thumbs:

No harm, no foul.:cheers:

·
Registered
12,398 Posts
Nice!

What you're describing (xxxxk) is the color, not the brightness. Brightness for angel eyes is indicated by watts. Most are 5 watts.
Partially true.

The xxxxk is the 'color temperature' or spectrum.

THe watts are how much POWER they USE. "Lumens" would be a measure of brightness. The do not always correlate.

Virtually all the no-name brands of bulbs fudge these numbers....or just plain don't know.

A

·
Registered
9,355 Posts
Partially true.

The xxxxk is the 'color temperature' or spectrum.

THe watts are how much POWER they USE. "Lumens" would be a measure of brightness. The do not always correlate.

Virtually all the no-name brands of bulbs fudge these numbers....or just plain don't know.

A
You're right, but since not everyone lists "lumens" in the specifications, then watts is the next best indicator.

·
Registered
3,605 Posts
You're right, but since not everyone lists "lumens" in the specifications, then watts is the next best indicator.
I would disagree. It is common knowledge that 4300K puts out the most lumens so it is the brightest. As the color temp of bulbs get higher in spec, the amount of lumens gets lower. For example, a 5000K bulb is brighter than a 6000K bulb but some people prefer the blueish color of the 6000K over the more white 5000K bulb.
You want to pay attention to wattage more to make sure you aren't overtaxing your electrical system with the potential to burn out your wires if overloaded.

·
Registered
2,323 Posts
+ (WHAT #) 5? l love the factory angel eye bulb... Gives it that natural BMW/SLEEPER look...

congrads on the Mod though...

·
Registered
9,355 Posts
I would disagree. It is common knowledge that 4300K puts out the most lumens so it is the brightest. As the color temp of bulbs get higher in spec, the amount of lumens gets lower. For example, a 5000K bulb is brighter than a 6000K bulb but some people prefer the blueish color of the 6000K over the more white 5000K bulb.
You want to pay attention to wattage more to make sure you aren't overtaxing your electrical system with the potential to burn out your wires if overloaded.
1) 5000k is whiter than 6000k? I see my 6000k as very white. Perhaps blue compared to regular halogen. Still... I was under the impression that 6000k was the white benchmark. Was I off by 1000 degrees?

2) Wattage still matters, no? Wouldnt a 5-watt 6000k be brighter and light things up more than 4300k at 2 watts?

·
Registered
5,226 Posts
1) 5000k is whiter than 6000k? I see my 6000k as very white. Perhaps blue compared to regular halogen. Still... I was under the impression that 6000k was the white benchmark. Was I off by 1000 degrees?

2) Wattage still matters, no? Wouldnt a 5-watt 6000k be brighter and light things up more than 4300k at 2 watts?
My understanding is 4300k is as "white" as you can get. Anything over that will cause the color to become blueish up to around 6500k where it begins to turn purple. 6000k at 5 watts does not mean a brighter light than 4300k at 2 watts. 4 watts just indicates how much energy is being consumed not the brightness.

Mark

·
Registered
9,355 Posts
My understanding is 4300k is as "white" as you can get. Anything over that will cause the color to become blueish up to around 6500k where it begins to turn purple. 6000k at 5 watts does not mean a brighter light than 4300k at 2 watts. 4 watts just indicates how much energy is being consumed not the brightness.

Mark
I've seen 4300k up close and it's got a very slight yellow tint to it.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts