BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
And I am convinced that it can't get any better than this. :D I told my wife after driving the M5 for a day, I don't know why I bought a CTS-V as my last car....what the heck was I thinking. :byebye:

More pictures to come.....

It is a 2008 Monaco Blue with Sepang interior and a manual. :M5rev:

Attachments

·
Registered
931 Posts
Welcome aboard and congrats on your new M5, that's an absolutely gorgeous color combo:goldcup:

Enjoy your new beast:noSMG:

·
Registered
78 Posts
Wow it looks great! So shiny! I would love to see an interior picture.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Congrats. It's beautiful.

I always wondered what it's like to drive a 6sp M5.

And for clarification... SMG is NOT a manual, it's an automatic with a clutch.

Don't mean to start a war, but SMG != manual, even if SMGIII works beautifully and comes as close as you can get as far as driver involvement. SMG is way better that any other automatic even the double clutch transmissions (they are too smooth for sporty driving). But the driving experience is not the same as a clutch pedal and 6 gears to row through.

I am not saying one is better than the other, I have an SMG and love it, but they are not the same.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Car had 24,000 miles until yesterday....not sure how many I put on last night while we got acquainted.

I love the color too. I looked at a black/black one and liked that a lot too, this one just happened to be a sick deal and had everything, except the Heads Up Display, that I was looking for and was a 6sp.

Call it whatever, manual, stick, 6sp, etc....but running through the gears in M-mode with the gas pedal planted is friggin fun. And the lit up shifter looks cool as heck at night. Can't remember anything that has made me feel like an excited kid, like this car has.....

Attachments

·
Registered
227 Posts
That is such a beautiful color for an M5. Is there a reason we do not see many of these cars in the color combo? Enjoy your ride.

Reactions: BGm5er

·
Registered
195 Posts
this manaco blue is growing on me... Good luck OP... even i dun know why did you buy a caddy before.. lol.... have fun sir.. happy motoring.

Reactions: 08M5Beast

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Brushed aluminum....which I absolutely love. Had it in my 330i with the two tone black/red interior and think it looks great in the M5 with the Sepang. I will post some interior pics tonite or tomorrow.

·
Registered
13,470 Posts
Real nice combo. Welcome to the family.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Brushed aluminum....which I absolutely love. Had it in my 330i with the two tone black/red interior and think it looks great in the M5 with the Sepang. I will post some interior pics tonite or tomorrow.
Ok. you can view my similiar combo with Olive Ash Trim under my profile. Also working to get a Monaco Blue Avatar as they only have the touring version avail...

·
Registered
152 Posts
Nice ride!!! I never knew that the M5 came in Monaco blue. I guess you learn something new everyday.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I'll add another skip to the record...I absolutely love the color. Wish I knew about it while looking for mine. Congrats to you sir. :applause:

·
Registered
837 Posts
just gorgeous!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts