BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a way to track the boat? how long would it typically take for it to get to a dealer on the west coast?

I am so excited.

Silver/Silverstone/everything/soon-I-hope/

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
Take a look at http://www.wlna.com
You can enter the boat name and see it's schedule.

Mine is on PIONEER LEADER and should leave Brunswick tomorrow heading for Port Hueneme to arrive on 12/3.

If yours is going to the west coast, expect it to travel via the Panama canal. My understanding is that it will be at the dealer within a week from landing.

------------------
Phil

01 M5 SilverStone due 12/00

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It says that the boat will be at Port Hueneme on 12/05.. Where is Port Hueneme?

---
Never mind, I have found it... somewhere around LA California..

[This message has been edited by 1C00lVC (edited 21 November 2000).]

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
OK, I got the latest printout from BMW NA.

I have a VIN, a Serial number, and a delivery date (12/08/00)... it is almost here, and I can taste it.

I bought the car from a NJ dealer (MSRP), and the car is being delivered to a Northern California BMW dealer, which I had to pay an extra $750 to make it worth while. (Which means I payed $750 above MSRP

Now, when should I pay the NJ dealer for the car? The NJ dealer is asking his money when the car is arrives at the CA port. If I do that, what recourse do I have if there are problems with the car?

Any advice would be appriciated..

A

·
Registered
88 Posts
I my case, I had to pay in full when the car was at the port. After arguing why I should do that with the salesperson, he says that the shippers need 2 weeks notice for the car to be shipped. I think that's all BS. Anyways, my car is at port now and it will be picked up by the shippers on the 26th and it will take 7 - 10 days for them to bring it to me (NY to Fremont, CA).

I have been on their list for over 1 month before the car got here. I have paid for my car which will be in the country for at least 3 weeks before I get to drive it, and what pisses me off is that I had to pay 6K over (includes covered transport).

Anyone else having similar experiences?

Trax

Originally posted by 1C00lVC:
OK, I got the latest printout from BMW NA.

I have a VIN, a Serial number, and a delivery date (12/08/00)... it is almost here, and I can taste it.

I bought the car from a NJ dealer (MSRP), and the car is being delivered to a Northern California BMW dealer, which I had to pay an extra $750 to make it worth while. (Which means I payed $750 above MSRP

Now, when should I pay the NJ dealer for the car? The NJ dealer is asking his money when the car is arrives at the CA port. If I do that, what recourse do I have if there are problems with the car?

Any advice would be appriciated..

A

·
Registered
69 Posts
I just spoke to my dealer, said the ship is supposed to be in 11-27. Anywhere from two days to a week to get to Northern California. Need to schedule a couple of days off...

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If you are reffering to the Boheme, the boat is scheduled to be in Baltimore on 11/22, and continues to California, getting there on 12/05. My car gets delivered to California.

See schedule below:
--------------------------------------
Wallenius Wilhelmsen Sailing Schedule
Vessel BOHEME
-----------------------------------
Voyage: EX028
Port Berth Arrival Date Sailing Date
------------------------------------
BREMERHAVEN NOR 11/11/00 11/11/00
ZEEBRUGGE ZEE 11/13/00 11/13/00
SOUTHAMPTON SOU 11/14/00 11/14/00
BALTIMORE DMT 11/22/00 11/22/00
PORT HUENEME PHM 12/05/00 12/06/00
------------------------------------

Originally posted by jdv:
I just spoke to my dealer, said the ship is supposed to be in 11-27. Anywhere from two days to a week to get to Northern California. Need to schedule a couple of days off...

[This message has been edited by 1C00lVC (edited 22 November 2000).]

1 - 7 of 7 Posts