BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having the steering wheel replaced.. It was peeling ... Under warranty .. So far the patient is reacting well...:applause::applause::applause:

Thanks ...

·
Moderator Emeritus
915 Posts
Seems like this is quite a common issue, i had mine replaced under warranty for peeling isses last year altough I think then simply replaced the trip panels not the entire wheel istelf for me.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think that it is what the are going to do ...

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Just got a call from SA .. The patient is doing well .. On the recovery room ... But they really changed only the trim ...
BTW , saw the M3 with the Carbon Fiber trim there .... Why in hell M5 does not have this options ???

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Just got a call from SA .. The patient is doing well .. On the recovery room ... But they really changed only the trim ...
BTW , saw the M3 with the Carbon Fiber trim there .... Why in hell M5 does not have this options ???
That's an aftermarket piece on the e46 M3. It does not come standard, nor is it a factory option.

Not sure about the new M3, but I doubt that it's a factory option.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It is ..... It is an optional on the new M3 .... JUst check the website ..

·
Registered
915 Posts
my trim around my steering wheel was peeling too.. they changed it :cheers:

i have carbon fiber trim, its aftermarket but looks BETTER then oem.

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
My steering wheel is currently in the peeling state. Needs to be fixed at the 15K service coming up.....

·
Registered
2,881 Posts
where does it peel from? any pics?

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Similar how mine was .. Picked the car ... Everything fine now ... But just the trim was replaced ...

·
Registered
539 Posts
Yup, mine barely started peeling there. Then I went to the dealer to look at another M5 which had less miles than mine, and it was peeling much worse.

Can you say factory defect?

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
My wife's rings are tearing up the wheel in her RRS. I think I'll keep her far from the M. ;)

·
Registered
8,153 Posts
1 - 18 of 18 Posts