BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys :byee55amg

my new to me 07 IB/Champagne beast with full option is going to be with me very soon and i need sum advice on which product to go for..

ive been researching alot and ive read nearly all the stuff here regarding modding the M5. I just want to see which one of the companies that will be mentioned more from ur answers so i can decide faster.

what do u guys recommend for the things to do:

*FULL suspension mods including camber adjustments. ( dont want it very bouncy )
*Exhausts - not too loud. (no headers and xpipe). im thinkin Tubi or E sport.
*Pulleys - Evosport or RPI?
*CIA or RPI scoops?
*Put her on a exterior diet. Ericsson CF boot, V CF hood painted, V CF Splitters and Diffuser.
*What is the lightest and best lookin wheel from HRE?
*big brake kit that will fit behind the HRE wheel without size issues?
*Diff?

as for software ill go with ESS.

im into handling and not top speed runs and i would like ur help in choosing what to get.

:cheers:

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
*FULL suspension mods including camber adjustments. ( dont want it very bouncy ) DINAN stg II suspension
*Exhausts - not too loud. (no headers and xpipe). im thinkin Tubi or E sport.
E race or E sport exhaust
RPI pulley (most stealth)
*CIA or RPI scoops?
RPI scoops without question (proven dyno gains - along with BMC filters and charcoal delete)
*Put her on a exterior diet. Ericsson CF boot, V CF hood painted, V CF Splitters and Diffuser.
Vorst front lip (I'm not a fan othe hood)
360 forged CF wheels, Neez, too many options with wheels....
Brembo's
*Diff?
may not want to do the diff...

ESS or Powerchip

This is just my opinion...you probably will get many others...

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
over 100+ views and one reply... anyone else?

·
Registered
2,066 Posts

*FULL suspension mods including camber adjustments. ( dont want it very bouncy )

--If you're considering Dinan Stage II wait until they have a fix for
their springs (might be available already)

*Exhausts - not too loud. (no headers and xpipe). im thinkin Tubi or E
sport.

--Sounds about right. Also consider Supersprint, RPi, Corsa, and Dinan

--RPi for steath

*CIA or RPI scoops?

--RPi scoops. ASR is working on a CAI that is not supposed to throw
and error. We'll see.

-- Rumor has it that Vorsteiner is working on a new version of a splitter
similar to the M6 version. You may want to ask them about it.

--HRE P40 monoblock

-- Brembo

*Diff?

-- If you decide to do a diff go with Evosport.

-- Or Powerchip.

·
Registered
3,967 Posts
Here is my take...

hey guys :byee55amg

my new to me 07 IB/Champagne beast with full option is going to be with me very soon and i need sum advice on which product to go for..

ive been researching alot and ive read nearly all the stuff here regarding modding the M5. I just want to see which one of the companies that will be mentioned more from ur answers so i can decide faster.

what do u guys recommend for the things to do:

*FULL suspension mods including camber adjustments. ( dont want it very bouncy ) - Dinan Stage II w/eibach spring instead of Dinan spring.
*Exhausts - not too loud. (no headers and xpipe). im thinkin Tubi or E sport. - Dinan exhaust or RPI. E-sport is too tame.
*Pulleys - Evosport or RPI? - RPI pulley coz it's cheaper, a little lighter, and OEM looks.
*CIA or RPI scoops? - RPI scoop with either BMC/K&N drop-in filter or you can wait for Dinan CIA if prefer to spend more money.
*Put her on a exterior diet. Ericsson CF boot, V CF hood painted, V CF Splitters and Diffuser - I think Ericsson CF hood and Trunk. I don't think Vosteiner CF hood is any lighter than OEM. Any add-on will add weight, so more like personal preference.
*What is the lightest and best lookin wheel from HRE? HRE Competition in 19" are very light. BUt if you want 20", go with Monoblock like P40.
*big brake kit that will fit behind the HRE wheel without size issues? - Brembo BBK or Stoptech
*Diff? - Depends. Better low end torque but compromise on top end speed. IMO, keep stock and raise rev to 8500rpm with ESS.

as for software ill go with ESS

im into handling and not top speed runs and i would like ur help in choosing what to get.

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
Hey Q welcome to the board.
You sound very excited as you should be. It is a great, great, great car.
I have done a couple of mods as you can see. Some may think I'm nuts.

My recommendation to you is, receive your beast and assuming it's stock, keep it stock for 2 to 3 months. Drive it, get to know the car and what it can do and explore its limits. Get a stock dyno pull to see it's at stock.
Take the CF out though.

Then when you start up with the mods you can appreciate the difference and the gains will mean something to you and you'll have a place from which to measure and be critical of.

That's my recommendation to you from a mod nutz guy.
Enjoy your M5, you've made a great buy.

M5Ranger...Juan

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

My recommendation to you is, receive your beast and assuming it's stock, keep it stock for 2 to 3 months. Drive it, get to know the car and what it can do and explore its limits. Get a stock dyno pull to see it's at stock.
Take the CF out though.

Then when you start up with the mods you can appreciate the difference and the gains will mean something to you and you'll have a place from which to measure and be critical of.

M5Ranger...Juan
thanx Juan, nutz is good :haha:

yup the car is stock and ill dyno before and after.

thats what i was gonna do, wait a month or 2 then start moddin to know the difference. But i wanna order these mods to keep em ready for install whenever i feel like it, cuz if i dont order them soon ill be waiting more after the 2 months wait, and im not patient when it comes to modding, i want everything ready, go to the workshop, install, ready to go.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
i like the sound of Tubi mufflers alot, but not too sure bout the tips. i like the E-Race's ovals more cuz u know it kinda gives it a beefier and more aggressive rear.
dunno :S anyone took the oval tips and pasted it on another muffler?

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanx Marshal annd Plastique for the advice.

·
Registered
3,967 Posts
i like the sound of Tubi mufflers alot, but not too sure bout the tips. i like the E-Race's ovals more cuz u know it kinda gives it a beefier and more aggressive rear.
dunno :S anyone took the oval tips and pasted it on another muffler?
There will be a release on Radenergie exhaust (it's quad with 100mm tips). It's one of the quietest one I heard so far. Currently on DannyOh's car. Here is the thread:
http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=118761

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)

·
Registered
4,405 Posts

Take the CF out though.

M5Ranger...Juan
+1. And I only agree with Juan when he is right!:hihi:

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
You have gotten some very good advise so far and I only have 1 thing to add. I do not believe that your car will come with the charcoal filter so you don't have to worry about that. Last I checked, only US cars have the CF's...

I think Juan gave you some good advise, drive and enjoy the car for a month or so, get to know it and then you will really appreciate the mods as you add them...... post some pics when the beast arrives.....

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
yup i got good advise from the guys, very helpful, thanks guys. :cheers:

till now i think im gonna go ahead ordering the RPI scoops with BMC's, RPI pulley, KWv3 or Dinan Stage 2 Suspension, ESS, diet, and wait till Redenergie releases a vid of ther 100mm tipped exhausts if i like it ill go for it if not ill go for the E-race. cant wait!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts