BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, so I started her up today after 3 months of sleep, it started first time no problem, a bit lumpy at first but then ran fine. The tapping that I had before on start up was even worse, coming from the rear of the left bank, so I left it running for about an hour earlier, noise has gone completely but I'll hold judgement until another cold start.

There is a slight vibration that was not there before. It is there from idle all the way to about 3k rpm, then it seems to disappear? Any ideas?

I thought I would run a diagnosis with the BMWCarsoft and it kept coming up with the message 'Status: Module does not respond!' for every check! Also tried to view live data, comes up with 'Error! Module does not respond!' I also reset the service interval as I forgot to do it when it got serviced just before it got put to sleep, it came with 'Service interval has been reset!' then if I switch the car off, twist the key back to ignition, it's still on an orange light? Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks

Lee

·
Registered
6,642 Posts
Lee,the noise was a stuck lifter,so no worries!!!

Are you sure the OBD port and your carsoft interface are working?

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Raikku thats what i thought. Yeah car has def been peake read before, and I have read the codes on carsoft and BMW v1 as well, although that is just a demo and I can't clear codes etc. But the carsoft has worked before.

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Anyone know what could be the problem with my carsoft? Also what do you reckon the vibration is? Thanks

·
Registered
561 Posts
my car was sitting in garage for 5 months last year. when i first started it, i heard a clunking noise coming from inside the engine. was terrified at first. then decided to drive to mechanic. on the way to him and 15 minutes later, the sound disappeared. i then realized it must have been engine oil that fully flowed to the engine bottom. hence the rattling noise of engine interiors.

it really scared me i must say )))

Reactions: Leezamonkey

·
Registered
384 Posts
my car was sitting in garage for 5 months last year. when i first started it, i heard a clunking noise coming from inside the engine. was terrified at first. then decided to drive to mechanic. on the way to him and 15 minutes later, the sound disappeared. i then realized it must have been engine oil that fully flowed to the engine bottom. hence the rattling noise of engine interiors.

it really scared me i must say )))
Although I do garage mine and let it sit, I also religiously go in and start it once every two to three weeks and let it warm all the way up (if it's dry I even take her out for a spin). That's held me through three winters now. I also make sure the battery gets a full charge; I hook it up to a charger regularly for a good 6 hours.

-crds

1 - 6 of 6 Posts