BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

My Beast has arrived

3K views 19 replies 12 participants last post by  zumlim5 
#1 ·
Took delivery of my beast yesterday, she was absolutely filthy so I ran her through the wash and snapped a few photos. last night I installed BMW Blackline Grills, blackout side grills, and LED angel eyes.

Two surprises that the dealer didn't tell me about...one; is that the car already has the iPod adapter kit installed and two; it appears to be lowered! I was planning on lowering it anyway but it seems that it already has some springs on it. good news for me, I'm having the car detailed, inspected and aligned next week so maybe the tech's will be able to let me know if it has springs or anything else done to it. Hopefully it wont effect my CPO warranty that is good for another 2 years!

I added a pic from the dealer photos for better view of the stance...

-Curt

Attachments

See less See more
Reactions: Gustav
#2 · (Edited)
I just reviewed pic number 2 and thought there was a lot of panel gap between the hood and bumper and went to the garage to take a closer look...seems Ive been rolling around with one of the hood latches un-latched :rolleyes:

Problem fixed...

#14 ·
I just reviewed pic number 2 and thought there was a lot of panel gap between the hood and bumper and went to the garage to take a closer look...seems Ive been rolling around with one of the hood latches un-latched :rolleyes:

Problem fixed...

Congrats on the find. You have to watch those hood latches, has happened to me as well. :wroom:

#3 ·
Curt, as I too bought a Blue M5 recently i cant help but notice your last picture you posted...... did you find that car on Autotrader? I think its one that i looked at but turned away for a specific reason. If so, please PM me because I have a very interesting question

#6 ·
You have me freaking out now! The car is CPO'd for another 2 years, CarFax came back clean and I ran the VIN by my local BMW master tech before buying and the BMW maintenance records came back clean as well.

#8 ·
This seems interesting, care to share with the rest of us whats going on with this car?

#10 ·
Just had a short email convo with Luke; he had seen a similar car on autotrader that was a lemon buy-back, I too saw that car and remember reviewing the carfax. I'm pretty sure its still for sale up in Chicago and for dirt cheap too.

My car was a corporate lease in IL for 3 years, sold at auction to a BMW dealer in OK City then CPO'd and sold to the second owner who traded it in on a Lexus SUV for his wife. I'm the third owner and get to enjoy 2 years of CPO for the price of used trade-in ;)

Phew that had my heart pounding for a moment!

Reactions: BGm5er
#9 · (Edited)
congrats!

you work for CACI? i ask b/c your car is in front of their building in one of the photos

#11 ·
Curt, sorry for the scare! I confused it with the same one your talking about. I seen the same one with a "lemon" title. It sold a few days after I saw it. Crazy,... someone had bigger balls than me. Anyhow, thanks for sharing your experience with me via the email. I'm very excited to say the least!

#13 ·
Congrats, gorgeous color :)

#15 ·
Glad your car isn't a lemon! It looks fantastic with the black kidneys and side grilles :M5thumbs:

afc1
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();}else{setTimeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

#19 ·
Car looks great!

Lucky to have a car lowered to save you the trouble of going through it...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.