BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mods: If this thread is too OT, move it, and I'm sorry.
<u1:p></u1:p>
<u1:p></u1:p>I thought some of you would be entertained by this story. Most beast owners are older than me and have real lives, so I would like to tell the tale of an E39 M5 driver who doesn't have wife or kids, a mortgage, or as you'll see, a real life at all!

Background - I walk to work, so I haven’t been driving Marietta much. My key fob has gotten weak due to the fact it’s rarely in the ignition. Friday afternoon, I fixed my “twisted driver seat” and was happy! I live near Washington DC, and the daylight saving switch occurred last Saturday night, Nov 6-7.
<!--[if gte vml 1]><v:shapetype id="_x0000_t75" coordsize="21600,21600" o:spt="75" o:preferrelative="t" path="[email protected]@[email protected]@[email protected]@[email protected]@5xe" filled="f" stroked="f"> <v:stroke joinstyle="miter"/> <v:formulas> <v:f eqn="if lineDrawn pixelLineWidth 0"/> <v:f eqn="sum @0 1 0"/> <v:f eqn="sum 0 0 @1"/> <v:f eqn="prod @2 1 2"/> <v:f eqn="prod @3 21600 pixelWidth"/> <v:f eqn="prod @3 21600 pixelHeight"/> <v:f eqn="sum @0 0 1"/> <v:f eqn="prod @6 1 2"/> <v:f eqn="prod @7 21600 pixelWidth"/> <v:f eqn="sum @8 21600 0"/> <v:f eqn="prod @7 21600 pixelHeight"/> <v:f eqn="sum @10 21600 0"/> </v:formulas> <v:path o:extrusionok="f" gradientshapeok="t" o:connecttype="rect"/> <o:lock v:ext="edit" aspectratio="t"/> </v:shapetype><v:shape id="Picture_x0020_1" o:spid="_x0000_i1027" type="#_x0000_t75" alt="http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/images/smilies/biggrinbounce.gif" style='width:14.25pt;height:18pt;visibility:visible;mso-wrap-style:square'> <v:imagedata src="file:///C:\DOCUME~1\stoure\LOCALS~1\Temp\msohtmlclip1\01\clip_image001.gif" o:title="biggrinbounce"/> </v:shape><![endif]--><!--[if !vml]--><!--[endif]-->
<u1:p></u1:p>The Fun – So Saturday night, some friends came up with a brilliant theme for party: “The Keg That Never Existed.” The idea was to tap the keg at 1AM Nov 7 EST, and then finish it an hour later, i.e. 1AM Nov 7 EST. :cheers:

<u1:p></u1:p>Before even getting near this party my friends and I downed some Heinekens, a proper bottle of Zinfandel, and some Vodka shots at a pre-game.
<!--[if gte vml 1]><v:shape id="Picture_x0020_2" o:spid="_x0000_i1026" type="#_x0000_t75" alt="http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/images/smilies/beerchug.gif" style='width:45pt;height:30pt;visibility:visible;mso-wrap-style:square'> <v:imagedata src="file:///C:\DOCUME~1\stoure\LOCALS~1\Temp\msohtmlclip1\01\clip_image002.gif" o:title="beerchug"/> </v:shape><![endif]--><!--[if !vml]--><!--[endif]--> :cheers:
<u1:p></u1:p>We get to the Never Existed Party around 12:30AM. Of course, everyone around is sucking down Bud Light without planning for the MASSIVE operation at hand. FYI, an equivalent of 165.5 12oz beers are in a US “keg” – there were about 20 people on this mission – looking bad.

<u1:p></u1:p>1AM: Commence…… 1:25AM, I’ve had enough. Hammered, I go to Marietta, lie down in the back seat, and put on a CD to listen to. Key in position 2. Engine off. I have clearly blacked out. It’s about 10 C outside and freezing. I wake up at maybe 4AM and go inside to my friend’s place and continue my liquid hibernation on his couch. I finally arise from the dead at about 7:30AM and want to drive home. I open up the beast and curiously, the airbag light is on. Curiously, the speedo, tach, and gauges, are giving ME the beer goggle eyes. Curiously, I had left my key in position 2. Knowing the lengths of the CDs in my deck, I estimate my beast suffered for 4 hours. Listening to pointless drivel – her driver out cold in her belly.

Was it painful, Marietta, to have your mind erased? Did the music get softer and softer and softer, Marietta? Why did you not say something when I left you to pursue warmth? I’m only human!

<u1:p></u1:p>I got her jumped and then fed her coulombs with my battery charger, without incident. Of course, my trip odometer, and what I use for lifetime mileage :grrrr: (NAV - Consumption 1), and all my settings are toast. Marietta even had to ask me what country we were in! The poor woman had lost her mind, and it was all my fault!<!--[if gte vml 1]><v:shape id="Picture_x0020_3" o:spid="_x0000_i1025" type="#_x0000_t75" alt="http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/images/smilies/mad.gif" style='width:12pt;height:12pt;visibility:visible;mso-wrap-style:square'> <v:imagedata src="file:///C:\DOCUME~1\stoure\LOCALS~1\Temp\msohtmlclip1\01\clip_image003.gif" o:title="mad"/> </v:shape><![endif]--><!--[if !vml]--><!--[endif]-->
<u1:p></u1:p>Moral of the story: I’m an idiot. I’m a joke.
<u1:p></u1:p>Ironies of the story: My seat doesn’t know who I am. My key was probably REALLY charged at some point, right?
<u1:p></u1:p>What else gets roasted/forgotten when your beast gets brain damage?

ST
<o:p></o:p>
<u1:p></u1:p>[FONT=&quot]<o:p></o:p>[/FONT]

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
[FONT=&quot]<?xml:namespace prefix = u1 /><u1:p></u1:p>

<u1:p></u1:p>I thought some of you would be entertained by this story. Most beast owners are older than me and have real lives, so I would like to tell the tale of an E39 M5 driver who doesn't have wife or kids, a mortgage, or as you'll see, a real life at all!

Background - I walk to work, so I haven’t been driving Marietta much. My key fob has gotten weak due to the fact it’s rarely in the ignition. Friday afternoon, I fixed my “twisted driver seat” and was happy! I live near Washington DC, and the daylight saving switch occurred last Saturday night, Nov 6-7.
<u1:p></u1:p><?xml:namespace prefix = v /><v:shapetype id=_x0000_t75 stroked="f" filled="f" path="[email protected]@[email protected]@[email protected]@[email protected]@5xe" o:preferrelative="t" o:spt="75" coordsize="21600,21600"><v:stroke joinstyle="miter"></v:stroke><v:formulas><v:f eqn="if lineDrawn pixelLineWidth 0"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum @0 1 0"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum 0 0 @1"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @2 1 2"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @3 21600 pixelWidth"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @3 21600 pixelHeight"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum @0 0 1"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @6 1 2"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @7 21600 pixelWidth"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum @8 21600 0"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @7 21600 pixelHeight"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum @10 21600 0"></v:f></v:formulas><v:path o:connecttype="rect" gradientshapeok="t" o:extrusionok="f"></v:path><?xml:namespace prefix = o /><o:lock aspectratio="t" v:ext="edit"></o:lock></v:shapetype><v:shape style="WIDTH: 14.25pt; HEIGHT: 18pt; VISIBILITY: visible; mso-wrap-style: square" id=Picture_x0020_1 alt="http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/images/smilies/biggrinbounce.gif" type="#_x0000_t75" o:spid="_x0000_i1027"><v:imagedata o:title="biggrinbounce" src="file:///C:\DOCUME~1\stoure\LOCALS~1\Temp\msohtmlclip1\01\clip_image001.gif"></v:imagedata></v:shape><!--[if !vml]--><!--[endif]-->
<u1:p></u1:p>The Fun – So Saturday night, some friends came up with a brilliant theme for party: “The Keg That Never Existed.” The idea was to tap the keg at 1AM Nov 7 EST, and then finish it an hour later, i.e. 1AM Nov 7 EST. :cheers:

<u1:p></u1:p>Before even getting near this party my friends and I downed some Heinekens, a proper bottle of Zinfandel, and some Vodka shots at a pre-game. <v:shape style="WIDTH: 45pt; HEIGHT: 30pt; VISIBILITY: visible; mso-wrap-style: square" id=Picture_x0020_2 alt="http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/images/smilies/beerchug.gif" type="#_x0000_t75" o:spid="_x0000_i1026"><v:imagedata o:title="beerchug" src="file:///C:\DOCUME~1\stoure\LOCALS~1\Temp\msohtmlclip1\01\clip_image002.gif"></v:imagedata></v:shape><!--[if !vml]--><!--[endif]--> :cheers:
<u1:p></u1:p>We get to the Never Existed Party around 12:30AM. Of course, everyone around is sucking down Bud Light without planning for the MASSIVE operation at hand. FYI, an equivalent of 165.5 12oz beers are in a US “keg” – there were about 20 people on this mission – looking bad.
<u1:p></u1:p>1AM: Commence…… 1:25AM, I’ve had enough. Hammered, I go to Marietta, lie down in the back seat, and put on a CD to listen to. Key in position 2. Engine off. I have clearly blacked out. It’s about 10 C outside and freezing. I wake up at maybe 4AM and go inside to my friend’s place and continue my liquid hibernation on his couch. I finally arise from the dead at about 7:30AM and want to drive home. I open up the beast and curiously, the airbag light is on. Curiously, the speedo, tach, and gauges, are giving ME the beer goggle eyes. Curiously, I had left my key in position 2. Knowing the lengths of the CDs in my deck, I estimate my beast suffered for 4 hours. Listening to pointless drivel – her driver out cold in her belly.

Was it painful, Marietta, to have your mind erased? Did the music get softer and softer and softer, Marietta? Why did you not say something when I left you to pursue warmth? I’m only human!

<u1:p></u1:p>I got her jumped and then fed her coulombs with my battery charger, without incident. Of course, my trip odometer, and what I use for lifetime mileage :grrrr: (NAV - Consumption 1), and all my settings are toast. Marietta even had to ask me what country we were in! The poor woman had lost her mind, and it was all my fault!<v:shape style="WIDTH: 12pt; HEIGHT: 12pt; VISIBILITY: visible; mso-wrap-style: square" id=Picture_x0020_3 alt="http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/images/smilies/mad.gif" type="#_x0000_t75" o:spid="_x0000_i1025"> <v:imagedata o:title="mad" src="file:///C:\DOCUME~1\stoure\LOCALS~1\Temp\msohtmlclip1\01\clip_image003.gif"></v:imagedata></v:shape><!--[if !vml]--><!--[endif]-->
<u1:p></u1:p>Ironies of the story: My seat doesn’t know who I am. My key was probably REALLY charged at some point, right?
<u1:p></u1:p>What else gets roasted/forgotten when your beast gets brain damage? [/FONT]

ST
Sorry, maybe I missunderstand. Are you saying that you got totally wasted by about 1:30am, went back in and drunk more at 4am and then planned on driving at 7:30am?

Or have I misread that?

Regarding your problem, its not a good idea to leave it on Position 2. On some cars I've been told you'll burn out the ignition coil although thats not going to be a problem on an M5.

·
Registered
637 Posts
Sorry, maybe I missunderstand. Are you saying that you got totally wasted by about 1:30am, went back in and drunk more at 4am and then planned on driving at 7:30am?

Or have I misread that?

Regarding your problem, its not a good idea to leave it on Position 2. On some cars I've been told you'll burn out the ignition coil although thats not going to be a problem on an M5.
By liquid hibernation I believe he means he just went inside to drunk sleep it off. Probably was quite cold outside.

·
Registered
3,605 Posts
Funny Story man but be very careful being drunk in your own vehicle with your keys in the ignition. Where I live, you can be arrested for Drinking and Driving for just being in your vehicle even with the keys in your pocket! Very strict over here. Your precious Marietta would have been towed away and you'd be calling an attorney from the popo station. Plus, you'd lose your license for at least 1 year, court time, fines out the kazoo, and a criminal record.

If you love your Marietta, get a ride to the keg party next time and you won't abuse her even by accident. I would bet that you were probably still legally intoxicated at 7:30AM. Be careful!

Reactions: nyyfinsphan72

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If you love your Marietta, get a ride to the keg party next time and you won't abuse her even by accident. I would bet that you were probably still legally intoxicated at 7:30AM. Be careful!
Good point. I think Virginia is not as strict, considering I know if a cop catches you driving you at say .10, (legal limit - .08), if nice, he/she will say just don't drive for 45 mins or w/e. Being in the back seat, I'm not sure what the rules are though...

·
Registered
595 Posts
Funny Story man but be very careful being drunk in your own vehicle with your keys in the ignition. Where I live, you can be arrested for Drinking and Driving for just being in your vehicle even with the keys in your pocket! Very strict over here. Your precious Marietta would have been towed away and you'd be calling an attorney from the popo station. Plus, you'd lose your license for at least 1 year, court time, fines out the kazoo, and a criminal record.

I think the police in the U.K. would frown on this if drunk in your car with the keys.
Possible ban etc,etc,......!!!

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
<!-- google_ad_section_start(weight=ignore) -->cycosidy,

I also live in VA and I know for a fact if you have the keys in the ingnition, even if you are on the back seat you will get DWI, bottom line if you are going to sleep in you car while drunk place the key in the glove comparment.
Gotcha. A bit loud with the shout out, no? FYI, I was in a private residence parking area, but I think I get the picture.

·
Registered
581 Posts
Gotcha. A bit loud with the shout out, no? FYI, I was in a private residence parking area, but I think I get the picture.

Was not my intention just what you wanted to let you know what kind of Nazi police we have in VA. and because they will try to get you for anything just because. Also I doesn't really matter if it is a private parking area if cops are allow by the community to enter the property they can get you.

·
Registered
49,477 Posts
:7: Funny story. I must admit I have slept in my M5 as well not totally sber either. But never driver other than sober :)

<!--[if gte vml 1]><v:shapetype id="_x0000_t75" coordsize="21600,21600" o:spt="75" o:preferrelative="t" path="[email protected]@[email protected]@[email protected]@[email protected]@5xe" filled="f" stroked="f"> <v:stroke joinstyle="miter"/> <v:formulas> <v:f eqn="if lineDrawn pixelLineWidth 0"/> <v:f eqn="sum @0 1 0"/> <v:f eqn="sum 0 0 @1"/> <v:f eqn="prod @2 1 2"/> <v:f eqn="prod @3 21600 pixelWidth"/> <v:f eqn="prod @3 21600 pixelHeight"/> <v:f eqn="sum @0 0 1"/> <v:f eqn="prod @6 1 2"/> <v:f eqn="prod @7 21600 pixelWidth"/> <v:f eqn="sum @8 21600 0"/> <v:f eqn="prod @7 21600 pixelHeight"/> <v:f eqn="sum @10 21600 0"/> </v:formulas> <v:path o:extrusionok="f" gradientshapeok="t" o:connecttype="rect"/> <o:lock v:ext="edit" aspectratio="t"/> </v:shapetype><v:shape id="Picture_x0020_1" o:spid="_x0000_i1027" type="#_x0000_t75" alt="http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/images/smilies/biggrinbounce.gif" style='width:14.25pt;height:18pt;visibility:visible;mso-wrap-style:square'> <v:imagedata src="file:///C:\DOCUME~1\stoure\LOCALS~1\Temp\msohtmlclip1\01\clip_image001.gif" o:title="biggrinbounce"/> </v:shape><![endif]--><!--[if !vml]--><!--[endif]-->

<u1:p></u1:p>Before even getting near this party my friends and I downed some Heinekens, a proper bottle of Zinfandel, and some Vodka shots at a pre-game.
<!--[if gte vml 1]><v:shape id="Picture_x0020_2" o:spid="_x0000_i1026" type="#_x0000_t75" alt="http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/images/smilies/beerchug.gif" style='width:45pt;height:30pt;visibility:visible;mso-wrap-style:square'> <v:imagedata src="file:///C:\DOCUME~1\stoure\LOCALS~1\Temp\msohtmlclip1\01\clip_image002.gif" o:title="beerchug"/> </v:shape><![endif]--><!--[if !vml]--><!--[endif]--> :cheers:

<u1:p></u1:p>I got her jumped and then fed her coulombs with my battery charger, without incident. Of course, my trip odometer, and what I use for lifetime mileage :grrrr: (NAV - Consumption 1), and all my settings are toast. Marietta even had to ask me what country we were in! The poor woman had lost her mind, and it was all my fault!<!--[if gte vml 1]><v:shape id="Picture_x0020_3" o:spid="_x0000_i1025" type="#_x0000_t75" alt="http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/images/smilies/mad.gif" style='width:12pt;height:12pt;visibility:visible;mso-wrap-style:square'> <v:imagedata src="file:///C:\DOCUME~1\stoure\LOCALS~1\Temp\msohtmlclip1\01\clip_image003.gif" o:title="mad"/> </v:shape><![endif]--><!--[if !vml]--><!--[endif]-->
<u1:p></u1:p>What else gets roasted/forgotten when your beast gets brain damage?

ST

1 - 10 of 10 Posts