BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Sad times but had to make a decision, time to move on to more responsible actions, my green baby is for sale. Buying a brand new merc - mainly to keep the wife happy and to become a "famly man".:sad2: .
So may be leaving the board in the near future but I am sure I will hang around to see how you great bunch of guys are getting on.
Not up for sale just yet - giving a board member a chance first at least that way I can see it will go to a good home, but boy it hurts, he took it for a test drive today and I sat in the passenger seat for the first time and hated it, not because he was irresponsible just because I have never been in that seat before.
Asking price? Not a lot for my beauty, worth a lot more than I am asking but just what I need to purchase the merc and still pay the same monthly payment. A very good deal on the merc somebody won it in the duty free raffle and I get around $6,000 cheaper than the dealer for a new car with all the extras.

So I am going to bed now to have bad dreams listening to some of those old songs....

"I'll never love this way again" springs to mind
or maybe "My first true love" or maybe
"Cant get by without you":confused: .

Sob Sob, the things we do to keep the other half happy, at least she is being considerate and leaving me to myself and giving me space.
Cant believe I am considering a merc 200 Kompressor to replace my baby, sacrelige my boy wont talk to me he already said he wont get in the merc.

WillM5AD

·
Registered
120 Posts
Isn't the ///M5 a family car? Roomy back seats? 4 doors? Smooth shifting? I hope you realize what your doing....

I for one plan on being a family man with my Beast. Your wife should realize that this car is something that means a lot to you. I'm already trying to figure out what I am going to do 10 years from now when my engine has too many miles on it. I would really like to somehow drop in the new V10 which by that time it obviously won't be knew. Maybe shadowman...who knows. All I am trying do here is give you the courage to explain to your wife that you have an awesome car that has a look that in my opinion won't look dated. Just remember that you are the man in the relationship...

-Beastmaster

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
DC187 said:
Isn't the ///M5 a family car? Roomy back seats? 4 doors? Smooth shifting? I hope you realize what your doing....

I for one plan on being a family man with my Beast. Your wife should realize that this car is something that means a lot to you. I'm already trying to figure out what I am going to do 10 years from now when my engine has too many miles on it. I would really like to somehow drop in the new V10 which by that time it obviously won't be knew. Maybe shadowman...who knows. All I am trying do here is give you the courage to explain to your wife that you have an awesome car that has a look that in my opinion won't look dated. Just remember that you are the man in the relationship...

-Beastmaster
Problem is they dont think like us do they?
My 2nd wife held a fire axe over my porsche 911 turbo and said I thought more of that car than she did, she was bloody right in fairness but got the car after the divorce, dont wanna go down that road again believe me.
Give and take I guess.
Still hurts though.
Do I know what I am doing? Yes.
Do I agree with what I am doing? NO. :blink:
WillM5AD

·
Registered
120 Posts
willm5ad said:
Problem is they dont think like us do they?
My 2nd wife held a fire axe over my porsche 911 turbo and said I thought more of that car than she did, she was bloody right in fairness but got the car after the divorce, dont wanna go down that road again believe me.
Give and take I guess.
Still hurts though.
Do I know what I am doing? Yes.
Do I agree with what I am doing? NO. :blink:
WillM5AD
Fire Axe huh...Sounds a bit crazy don't you think?(you don't have to answer)
We all make our own decisions but yours sounds like it is in fear.

Well I said my part-

·
Registered
326 Posts
Come on, do the 'beast' community and
future owners know what a 'good' deal is.
:cheers:

year, mileage, color and last but not least Price.

thanks from a future M5 owner.:happybirt :M5launch:

·
Registered
345 Posts
No no no no no!!!!! do not sell the beast to purchase a 3 class rate car like a benz... If you must sell the M5 atleast get another bmw such as a 745....PLEASE!!!

·
Registered
754 Posts
Buy her a "chick car" (CLK500) like I did and you will get over that guilty feeling quickly and she will smile everytime she starts her ride.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Last week I almost traded my M5 for an E500 4matic, but I came to my senses and kept the M5. Unless you are buying a S model, none of the Mercedes are any bigger in the interior than an M5. My point is - You already own the greatest family sedan ever made, why trade down to a Mercedes? Other than the excellent 4matic system, which is useless in UAE, MB has nothing to offer relative to the M5.

And saving $6000 is no big bargain - MB is offering discounts that size and greater on left over new '05s on the lots now here in the States, particularly the E500s. If you really want a family car and must have a Benz, wait til the R model diesel comes out.

Steve lovelove

PS: I have 3 young kids and we definitely use the M5 as family car. I drive the girls to school in it everyday.

·
Registered
3,469 Posts
I thought you just got your M5 in the last few months. hmmm hmmm

But I fully understand the importance of domestic harmony. When it comes to family, a car is just a car. (flame suit on).

CP

·
Registered
3,469 Posts
M5Kid said:
CP,

Let me alter your sentence slightly. When it comes down to it, a car is JUST a car. Period.

Travis
Travis,

You are braver than I am to say this, on this board at least.
:hihi: :hihi:

CP

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
chunpng said:
I thought you just got your M5 in the last few months. hmmm hmmm

But I fully understand the importance of domestic harmony. When it comes to family, a car is just a car. (flame suit on).

CP
Had my M5 for just over a year now, had my present wife for just over 5 years and dont intend to lose her. Dont get me wrong she is not putting me under that much pressure to sell the car, she did however point out the merc to me and I took over from there. Its not even a financial issue I can easily afford either car to be honest. But the hints are there and I am reading betwen the lines. I know she wants a baby and she has already told me that she would be afraid to have a baby in the car - not that I would beast it with a baby or anybody else in the car - although once when I thought she was asleep I took it up to 250 and she hit me on the head with her magazine:1:

WillM5AD

·
Registered
77 Posts
I wish it was in Australia and LHD!

Perhaps you'll be back to the marque when the time is right. Bon Voyage!

Best regards, Peter

·
Registered
77 Posts
Oops! Dislexia strikes again! I meant RHD!

:) P

1 - 15 of 15 Posts