477 Posts
Great pics :thumbsup:

Just my colour :D

Cheers, Alex

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
Gustav said:
Looks nice! I would prefeer Alpinablue, and black is better suited the M5 is my take.
Or Malachitgruen! mmmmmm :M5thumbs:

Whyohwhy do I have to wait till October!

·
Registered
477 Posts
Deckard said:
Because waiting for an Alpina delivery is the ultimate test prior to ownership :)

I waited 8 months for my car, admittedly it was the hardest part :D
I had to wait for 5 months and add to that the fact that I had never seen a B8 in real life since they only started delivery 2 or 3 month after I ordered mine.

Cheers, Alex

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
BlackB8 said:
I had to wait for 5 months and add to that the fact that I had never seen a B8 in real life since they only started delivery 2 or 3 month after I ordered mine.

Cheers, Alex
Same here - I ordered the B5 back in December/January when they still weren't sure they going to do a Touring version in RHD - only drove the saloon in April.

·
Registered
13,638 Posts
Thanks Neil.

That colour combination is not good IMHO - especially the grey leather with that wood :crying:

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
Ashok Arora said:
Thanks Neil.

That colour combination is not good IMHO - especially the grey leather with that wood :crying:
It's just the photos - in reality, the leather is Black Dakota, the wood is Alpina Myrtle...

It doesn't look that bad in reality - however, it's not the best spec ever - kinda basic minimum (minimum German spec, not minimum UK spec) - but the car is pre-production - B5 No.006

·
Registered
318 Posts
Wellllll...

I love the performance.. but I have to say, I really don't like the looks. Alpina have done their best but basically they're trying to make a silk purse out of a sow's ear. IMHO. I really hate Chris Bangle for ruining these cars.

It's still very desirable because (a) it's an Alpina and (b) it's fast.. but I personally hate the way it looks.

:sad1:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts