BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
it started to randomly go off once in a while after i installed the v1. it's done it 4 times already. the alarm just goes off. it does this ouce in a while. could it be linked to the v1 being being the rear view mirror. i also have the stealth one.

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
Have you noticed any pattern to the alarms - only when cold outside, only with engine warmed up, always a few minutes after arming, etc. I ask because I had a similar problem, only after engine bay was hot, and it turned out to be a bad hood pin switch.

What does the clown's nose do when you arm the system - flash normally, flash fast, long on, then flash, etc. That could be a clue as well.

·
Registered
311 Posts
You have a short and your battery is going to go dead.
ContractR said:
it started to randomly go off once in a while after i installed the v1. it's done it 4 times already. the alarm just goes off. it does this ouce in a while. could it be linked to the v1 being being the rear view mirror. i also have the stealth one.

·
Registered
158 Posts
MINENCE said:
You have a short and your battery is going to go dead.
This sounds most likely. Where did you tie in power to the V1? Is it on a constant or switched source? You most likely have a constant draw (short or component not turning off) causing the voltage to slowly drop as the battery drains.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i hooked it up as the instructions had said. the power source is the garage remote. the stealth one is connected to a white/grey/ yellow wire. there was more than one, but they all seemed to be part of one plug, so i just chose one and connected to that one.

chrisj said:
This sounds most likely. Where did you tie in power to the V1? Is it on a constant or switched source? You most likely have a constant draw (short or component not turning off) causing the voltage to slowly drop as the battery drains.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ELEVENS said:
Have you noticed any pattern to the alarms - only when cold outside, only with engine warmed up, always a few minutes after arming, etc. I ask because I had a similar problem, only after engine bay was hot, and it turned out to be a bad hood pin switch.

What does the clown's nose do when you arm the system - flash normally, flash fast, long on, then flash, etc. That could be a clue as well.
the only thing that i just noticed, is that when you open the key, the lights flash twice-only when you open it. it used to flash one.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts