BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys

Quick note to let you know my car is now on eBay with a VERY low reserve on it. Please feel free to email this link to everyone you know :thumbsup:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4559573500

£6040.86 running costs in just over a year, kinda painful when you add it up! Rather glad the warranty paid out for half of that.

Cheers
Jason

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Tubbs, hope you get a good price mate. One question though, how come you had to fork out for the front dampers / springs when the warranty covered the rears? mileage I pressume...
cheers,
Phil.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheers Phil, here's hoping the market's got a bit more sensible!

Bit of an odd one on the dampers. It failed its MOT with leaking rear dampers so they were covered by the MOT insurance element of the warranty. The fronts were just on their way out but not leaking badly enough to fail the MOT, so weren't covered by the insurance. Under normal warranty cover they will pay out for shocks up to 60,000 miles but anything over that they consider fair wear and tear - can't argue with that really, mine had done almost 120k.

·
Registered
246 Posts
I guess you now have plenty of people watching your auction even if it just to check where the prices are.

I notice that you had a EDC switch fitted under warranty. Does it light up in both positions or only on Sport. There has been a bit of a debate on this as plenty appear to only illuminate the Sport setting (like mine for example).

The replacement airbag wheel looks good too. My 1990 M5 had a wheel of similar looks and the replacement standard airbag wheel does not have the aesthetics of the original.
cherrsagai

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
You're not wrong there Brian, much has been said recently about prices of these rare old beasts. Time will tell...

The EDC switch should light up in both positions. Mine was only lighting up in S, so I took it to my dealer who kindly fitted a new one, it works in both now. The switch worked perfectly OK before I had it replaced, I'm just really anal when it comes to M Power cars. Strangely this obsessive attention to detail doesn't apply to any other car I've owned, least of all my little Clio 182, which hasn't been washed since I bought it! Does anyone else suffer from a similar M specific affliction?

The new wheel was worth at least a 20% gain in Bhp and Torque :wroom:

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
My switch just lights in the P position. I too am very anal about my ///M5 but also about my 740i not so about te wifes Zafira,,,

Guess speed affects us all :M5launch: :M5launch: :M5launch:

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Funnily enough my replacement for the M5 is now shaping up to be a left hand drive 728i Sport on an R/S plate and a deposit on a Caterham R300.

I blame a day at Autocar's drift school, best £199 I've spent in a very long time! As an added bonus Chris Harris from Autocar is an e34 M5 owner which gives the course extra anorak points :M5thumbs:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts