BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, just bought an m5 two weeks ago from carmax. My previous v10 was a ram srt10:biggrin:.

So I've always wanted an m5 but could never really afford it. Luckily for me they have been depreciating lately. Its an 06 with 53000 miles, always serviced at the dealer, it has the adaptive seats and SMG 3. Runs awesome.

First mod was already done, 15% tint all around. From what I've been reading I want to do the following.

Evolve r tune.
Gut the primary cats.
Muffler delete.
RPI scoops.
Block off plates.
RPI pulley.
Front lowering springs with wheel spacers.
Gloss black kidneys
Orion v4.
Charcoal delete.

Anything else I'm missing?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Welcome to the club. I am new to the scene my self. I traded my old 2010 Shelby for my 2007 M5 and so far can not be happier. That being said you should seriously consider a warranty. These cars are a whole other level from what we are used too.

·
Registered
513 Posts
Hey guys, just bought an m5 two weeks ago from carmax. My previous v10 was a ram srt10:biggrin:.

So I've always wanted an m5 but could never really afford it. Luckily for me they have been depreciating lately. Its an 06 with 53000 miles, always serviced at the dealer, it has the adaptive seats and SMG 3. Runs awesome.

First mod was already done, 15% tint all around. From what I've been reading I want to do the following.

Evolve r tune.
Gut the primary cats.
Muffler delete.
RPI scoops.
Block off plates.
RPI pulley.
Front lowering springs with wheel spacers.
Gloss black kidneys
Orion v4.
Charcoal delete.

Anything else I'm missing?
BMC filters instead of stock, perfect time to install when you remove the charcoal.
RD Sport sway bars
Supercharger :cool:

Send oil sample to Blackstone Labs for analysis

·
Registered
13,461 Posts
Welcome to the forum, hope you get many enjoyable miles out of the beast :byebye:

·
Registered
110 Posts
Looking good! Won't be her last wash for sure! Always good to see another Black Sapphire Metallic. You can add Clay Bar to that list :)

·
Registered
DinanS2+ e60m5 6MT, s38b38 e28m5 TT/ST3, e30 TT/ST4
6,259 Posts
RDSport sway bars in a heartbeat!

Congrats and welcome to the s85 club!

·
Registered
110 Posts
I actually have a clay bar kit inside the garage. I don't know if I should do it now or get a professional detail since I have some swirls.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Wouldn't hurt to clay bar now so you can remove any remaining contaminants for the time being. Depends on how 'ocd' you are.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Welcome to the family... I'd clay it soon and if you're new to the detail game, just ask questions (its not hard work, just physical labor). You can take it to a professional to watch and ask questions to see how its done or just use youtube. I keep a detail kit in my trunk and I wash and detail once a week.

And remember if you want to stand out...

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Welcome and it's nice to see another black m5 join the group. Let the modding begin.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Congrats and welcome!

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
welcome to the club! Congrats on the purchase. Hope you have some fun with it.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts