BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

61 - 69 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
Mate, what are the size of your plates? are they legal?
Yes they 100% road legal. I don't mess about with these things just to look cool. Car is flashy enough without that so need to stick with road legal plate.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
129 Posts
I know it was a few years ago but what did it cost you to get your car resprayed and who did you get to do it (if you don't mind me asking)?

I'm looking to get the bonnet, wings and both bumpers re-done (if not the whole car) but would like to find a trusted place to do it.

·
Registered
181 Posts

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
I know it was a few years ago but what did it cost you to get your car resprayed and who did you get to do it (if you don't mind me asking)?

I'm looking to get the bonnet, wings and both bumpers re-done (if not the whole car) but would like to find a trusted place to do it.
I had my car fully resprayed in 1 go for £2k but prices have risen massively. Since then however, I have had my front bumper blown over twice and rear bumper once, and then Xmas 2018, had the entire front end and front wings redone since I slapped on a new bonnet and wanted it all to colour match. I used just normal auto body shops local to me as all the big names were quoting me twice as much. It pays to find someone more local / smaller bodyshop as they will take as much car and won't have the larger overheads associated to bigger units.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
Been over a year since I update this place. It's been pretty full on so here goes... (stay tuned, I've supercharged!)

So after buying the StopTech Front and Rear BBK, things went a little quite for a few months. I sold off the black Schmidt XS5 wheels as well as the previously flashy split wheels. The car was then parked up for a few months while I gathered my thoughts on the next phase. Unfortunately my wallet took a nose dive and I spent a lot since the start of this year, including, but not limited to:

Mods in 2019:
- Professionally refurb interior leather
- LCI Contour/Competition Bonnet
- 10 x new OEM injectors (eventually sold after 300 miles as switched to larger ESS injectors)
- Brand new 3 piece custom made 20" split brada wheels from the US - took 5 months (no exaggeration)!
- 245/35/20 on 10j & 285/30/20 on 12j
- ACS rear spoiler fitted (remove and sold the Carbon Fibre one)
- ESS VT2 650 BHP Supercharger (fitted in my garage with the help of a dear friend)
- OEM optional Leather Centre Console
- OEM option full alcantara interior roof liner, ABC pillars and rear parcel shelf
- OEM optional Leather Door Cards
- OEM optional full Leather stitched dashboard (unmarked!)
- New uprated oil cooler from Radtec here in the UK
- OEM LCI front indicators wired in correctly to function correctly
- Water Pump
- Thermostat
- OEM coil packs x 10
- Centre Support bearing / Guibo / Transmission mounts, O-Rings, nuts and bolts
- Fuel Pump
- Fuel Filter
- Fuel Vent Valves
- Fuel Pump Module (EKP)
- Fuel Tank
- Carbon Charcoal Canister
- Fuel Cap
- Idle Actuator Hose
- Crankshaft Sensor
- Refreshed coolant
- Switched to 5w50 Oil and;
- Made sure starter motor health was up to par!

This has been in addition to other things I did earlier during my ownership including:
- Rod Bearings
- HP VANOS line
- Diff Oil
- SMG Fluid
- Throttle Actuators
- Spark Plugs
- Front Control Arms and bushes
- Front inner/outer tie rods
- Pre Cat 02/lambda sensors
- Battery replacement
- Anti Roll Bar Link
- PAS O Ring

Enjoy the pics in no particular order :)

Attachments

·
Registered
129 Posts
Looking sweet!

Interested in the RadTec oil cooler, did you have it custom made by them as they don't list it on there website (or least not yet)?

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter #67
Looking sweet!

Interested in the RadTec oil cooler, did you have it custom made by them as they don't list it on there website (or least not yet)?
Yes I had it custom made by them. It works wonders. The version I have is their v2. V1 had a minor flaw so they revised it and came up with this. 2 months in no issues whatsoever and I've pushed this car.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

61 - 69 of 69 Posts