BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

21 - 40 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Does the splitter CF weave match the roof?
Yes it does :)
Looks amazing! Love the color & the new lip looks great!

Looking forward to seeing updated pics of your build!

Very curious to see what you have in store for the headlights.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm curious too haha but won't get done until mid June. Thanks for the kind words.

With your air ride, have you been able to retain the M button function and / or EDC?

lol I have the carbon front lip sat in my loft for last 4 years!

Who did you friend sell the M5 tourer too, anyone in Oxfordshire?
He sold it to a guy in Reading, so not a million miles from Ox but not quite there.

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Nice, where is the lip from? Could be tempted.

I'm in Reading so will look out for the E61!
Small world, I work in Reading so when my wheels are back from a refurb and car is back from detail, we should meet up dude.

Lip was bought from a user on here (Rick) who is in London. I THINK the weave matches, but my eyes could be lying lolol! It doesn't bother me too much incase it doesn't match lolll:devil

·
Registered
16 Posts
Down for a meet mate. I know Rick, I'm buying his h&rs. Did he sell you the splitter off his car or make you another? Both look great!

·
Registered
279 Posts
Down for a meet mate. I know Rick, I'm buying his h&rs. Did he sell you the splitter off his car or make you another? Both look great!
I sold him the splitter which came off my car I needed a new one with a 2x2 weave to match my undertray wind splitter. If you want a splitter to match the roof you need a 1x1 weave. Plenty of them on eBay but I've ended up going through 3 suppliers to find one which fitted ok. The one I sold to Sam was the best fitting splitter I have seen

The springs should be available in a week or two mate 👍

·
Registered
144 Posts
I think the only thing I would have done is kept it badged, especially the rear M6 badge. Besides that, I love the wheels, they go perfectly with that Indy red. Amazing your car is an '05 but looks brand spanking new. That is one gorgeous M6, mate!

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Thanks man. I've had the rear M6 badge on for quite a while now... some pics for you guys.

1st bagged M6 in the UK thanks to AirRex. I'm using Accuair Elevel and ILevel management.

That's all for now.

·
Registered
18 Posts
The car as a whole looks absolutely amazing, but I can't get over how good those wheels look!

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Whats it ride like on bags?
Rides amazingly well. I do miss not having EDC at the touch of a button but I'm REALLY pleased with my setup. Its as planted as being on Light 1 on EDC but very smooth in terms of damping set up so smoother but as plated if it makes sense. As I don't really push my car to limits I didn't mind letting the EDC function go for the period I am on bags.

The car as a whole looks absolutely amazing, but I can't get over how good those wheels look!
Thanks buddy - I'm selling my wheels and will ship to the US for the right buyer. They're in perfect condition no marks or curbing anywhere.

Looking for $3000 + shipping (approx $475). Any more and I'll swallow the cost. They're extremely light weight weighing as much as some 18"!

I need a different set up so I'm letting these go and need them gone fast so I may listen to a very sensible offer :) :x

·
Registered
197 Posts
Rides amazingly well. I do miss not having EDC at the touch of a button but I'm REALLY pleased with my setup. Its as planted as being on Light 1 on EDC but very smooth in terms of damping set up so smoother but as plated if it makes sense. As I don't really push my car to limits I didn't mind letting the EDC function go for the period I am on bags.
What happens if a bag fails? can AA do airbag repairs? lol

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Updates:

So my car has now had a full new and revised boot build I call Version 2. I'll throw up some pics when I've gotten round to uploading but it looks so nice and show worthy which is all good. In some ways I still miss the entry/basic air tank + compressor display I had - nothing fancy but nice and clean install but hey, you only live once, right!?

Next up, Since selling the BC Forged Wheels, I did a alot of research on social media and in general about the next set of wheels I wanted. I've never bought brand new wheels let alone custom made to spec. After shopping around and getting ideas on design I found something pretty unique and in budget - I think, lol!

So about 5 -6 weeks back I called up the vendor, put dow a deposit and production started. The next 5 weeks were the hardest as I had to chose the final finish/colour of the wheels to go with my Indianapolis red.

At the end of October, I've been invited to an indoor car event, one of the UK's finest car shows to end the year with so all is go go go in order for me to have the wheels ready and mounted. It's going to be a VERY close call but I'm truly hoping they arrive, and I can get the tires on and cambered up ready to go.

Again, pics will be put up soon.

On the maintenance side, I've booked myself for a clutch adaptation and an interim Oil + Filter service as well as sending off a sample of my oil for analysis to check for metal signs. Hopefully the used filter would be able to tell us something positive and zero to little signs of metal additives!

Fingers crossed!

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
Wow really nice!!! where did you buy those side skirts extensions and for rear bumper?
They came with the car when I bought them but I know they were bought from the US so no idea I'm afraid.

Beautiful car man love it! I think i follow you on Instagram If not follow me here's mine IG: MLifeM6
Oh yeah I know your IG bro, how you doing?!

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
Update:

So after selling my previous BC Forged racing wheels, I called a US wheel company after seeing some pics on IG of someone running the same style of wheels on a Toyota albeit in a totally diff finish, I fell in love. I gave them the exact measurements and put a down payment to have the wheels built and ready. They arrived 11 weeks later and oh boy was I in for a treat. ABSOLUTELY killed it with the finish and spec and I still grinning ear to ear.

I've only test fitted them on the car so they've never seen the road but I plan on getting them straight after winter.

Just a couple of unedited pics on my driveway.

LMK your thoughts :)

Attachments

21 - 40 of 72 Posts