BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. :D

I decided to make one thread dedicated to the car. I'll post photos and updates on various projects in this one thread from now on instead of creating new ones. This way everything is in one place.

I made a few changes to the M5 recently including:

BBS LM (DBK) gunmetal centers 19" x 11" rear and 19" x 9.5" fronts
Toyo 285/30/19 rears and 255/35/19 fronts
H&R 25mm front spacers (none in rear)
"Ferrari Red Crinkle Coat" Engine/Plenum Cover
Coil Covers - Gloss Black with Clear Coated Silver "horizontal bars"

I have the previous 19" x 10" and 19" x 8.5" BBS (DBK) LM's with Toyo 275/30/19 rears and 245/35/19 fronts for sale in the that section on the forum. They are in like new condition and were only on the car for about 500 miles.

The new wheel setup is as tight a fit as it could possibly be...both inner and outer clearance. The goal was to have a BBS LM setup as wide as possible without raising the car (I loved the existing ride height) and with no fender modifications...and it worked.

Thanks to Marc at Butler Tire for helping me with the project and ordering the wheels.

Thanks to Adam at Magnum Collision for the paint work.

Happy Holidays. :santasmile2:

Attachments

·
Registered
924 Posts
That is BADA$$!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Looks awesome Garret....

I've been wondering when are you going to post these new setup :)

Regardz,

J Irwan

·
Registered
3,553 Posts
Your Beast continues to be one of the very cleanest and bada-- rides that I have seen posted here. Noticed you had the valve covers powdercoated, or is that paint? Thanks

·
Registered
156 Posts
LOVE IT!!lovelove
what are your new offsets et

·
Registered
784 Posts
That powder coated red intake pleneum looks great...

+1

until now a red painted upper plenum was always too much red for me ... but matte red is the way to go :M5thumbs:

also the high gloss painted ignition coils cover ...

·
Registered
66 Posts
Best choice ever to go 11" and 9.5" bbs lm's! Your previous lm's were absolutely great, perfect color, now these are Amazing! :cheers:
Are these also special edition or did you get them painted by bodyshop?

·
Registered
707 Posts
that offset is sick, but it looks great, might be pretty hard to drive though. must be careful with road bumps. :D

·
Registered
46 Posts
That car looks great!! I thought I remember seeing other pics you had with your X5 in it, if you don't mind posting all of them in this thread. it would be cool to see where it start and how it looks now!! :cheers:

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for the positive comments. :cheers:
Even though its an extreme setup the car drives very nicely with this setup, no rubbing except ever so slight in extreme driving, and even then its nothing too worry about and you can't hear it rub. But yeah gotta watch out for those bad bumps and potholes for sure.

Stealthrider, thanks...when I have time I will for sure be adding more pics on this thread...maybe some of the details on the car and then also all the different looks the car has gone through the last five years. Lots of different sets of wheels, etc...

Sipi, thanks they are the gunmetal centers straight from BBS...the (DBK) special editions.

V8haus, I'll let you guys know on the offsets, I think Marc at Butler has that info.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Wow! That's a sick ride! love the setup you have now.

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
WOW, car looks amazing!

I've never been a fan of stepped lips, until now. Those wheels are pure sex.

I've said it before, and it still holds true, your car is one of the cleanest and tastefully modded I've seen. Well done.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
That is BADA$$!!!!!!!!!

+1.. looks pretty aggressive especially from the rear.. there is something about suspension drop and wider stance.. just looks diabolical..
Atlanta M5.. how is the E60.. what sort of wheels are you running on the E60..

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
AtM5.. Never mind.. just saw signature.. no E60..

1 - 20 of 91 Posts