BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Evening Guys
Am new to the forum and looking forward to picking your brains in regards to a few problems i have at present, but i thought i would introduce myself first, my name is Ralph and have been into bmw for a couple of years and at present i own this M5 and a E36 Vert, so here's a picture of the beast and a video of the exhausts:biggrin:, hope using photobucket is ok

Cheers

Raffa

·
Registered
322 Posts
Hi Ralph, Nice looking car and welcome to the board. Where in the UK are you and what are your "issues"?
You can find a lot of answers to common problems in the FAQ which is sticky'd at the top. Failing that try the search and if that doesn't satisfy your curiosity then ask away!

Oh and photobucket is good for photos but most use good old youtube for video. Your p.bucket vid isn't working for me.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Ralph, Nice looking car and welcome to the board. Where in the UK are you and what are your "issues"?
You can find a lot of answers to common problems in the FAQ which is sticky'd at the top. Failing that try the search and if that doesn't satisfy your curiosity then ask away!

Oh and photobucket is good for photos but most use good old youtube for video. Your p.bucket vid isn't working for me.
Hi Calgrz
Thanks for the welcome

I live in Purley, Surrey so not to far from you and have had a really good look around the forum which has given me some good pionters as to the vibration and steering problems i have

ie tracks really bad with massive front footwell vibration at 25-30mph,

i have her booked into Munch Legends next week and am sure the wallet will be empty by the end of it:(

Cheers for the heads up on the video i'll try and sort it.

Regards

Ralph

·
Registered
322 Posts
Your steering problem will almost certainly be worn thrust arm bushes and tramlining is a combination of those and rear balljoints. Both of those things are easily DIYable if you fancy a go otherwise probably cost you £500ish total at the garage. I have 136k on mine now but with bushes and balljoints done within the last 10k it is a totally different animal.

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
Congrats on the sweet ride!!!

You do know that the Silverstone M5s come with 40 more hp than the rest of the colors :biggrin:! JK

1 - 6 of 6 Posts