BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone figured out how to get a mute function for a Bluetooth connected phone? I have a 2010 M6 US Spec and was hoping that this would finally be fixed by the updated iDrive (my previous car was an '06 M5). But ... no joy. Anyone have an idea or suggestion?

Kent

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What I mean is being able to mute the phone during the call to cut out background noise from my phone until I have something to say (out of courtesy of the other people on the line). ANd to the question why don't I press the mute button on the phone the asnwer is the whole purpose of Bluetooth is to leave the phone in my pocket or cradle and still be able to mute it. If I had a simple Bluetooth headset I'd be able to do this ... it's a basic function that AFAIK is not possible. Sometime BMW is soooo very smart and other time ....

·
8,369 Posts
I understand better now. Thanks for explaining further.

You are right, there is no Microphone mute feature available to my knowledge.

I tell you what - you play some loud adult video during conference call and I bet you the people in the telecon will mute you themselves : )

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Since it disable the radio audio (I'd call it mute but that might be confusing) the radio during the call I can't have it play Howard Stern in the background to force them to mute me. Plus what if I do have something to say (unlikely I know but ...)

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
BTW does everyone else think this is one of the biggest oversights in the iDrive. Or is there a bigger goof up?

·
8,369 Posts
You can wire up a pushbutton miniature microphone shut off switch to switch off the overhead microphone if this is an important item for you.

·
8,369 Posts
Or get a silly putty and have it close to you and ready to put over the overhead microphone when you dont want them to hear you.

Duct tape works too.

Or find a hooker, have her sit on the passenger seat and her job is to put her hand over the microphone when you tell her to : )

Then she gives you a back rub while you drive.

I think I like that idea better.

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
Or get a silly putty and have it close to you and ready to put over the overhead microphone when you dont want them to hear you.

Duct tape works too.

Or find a hooker, have her sit on the passenger seat and her job is to put her hand over the microphone when you tell her to : )

Then she gives you a back rub while you drive.

I think I like that idea better.
I will beta test this, establish benchmarks, and then report back to the board on establishing optimal efficiency. Please keep in mind that LOTS of research will be involved! :1:

·
8,369 Posts
Sounds like a great plan Milton!

I too will try and do the same and report back later. It may take a while, lots of R & D involve in this kind of task you know.

(Find a good looking hooker, her hand big enough to cover the microphone when told to do so; can she follow simple instructions; can she do two tasks simultaneously; can she keep quiet when you ask her to; her hands soft enough to give us a good back rub; does she have good teeth, sometimes toothless is better : )

I will beta test this, establish benchmarks, and then report back to the board on establishing optimal efficiency. Please keep in mind that LOTS of research will be involved! :1:

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
Sounds like a great plan Milton!

I too will try and do the same and report back later. It may take a while, lots of R & D involve in this kind of task you know.

(Find a good looking hooker, her hand big enough to cover the microphone when told to do so; can she follow simple instructions; can she do two tasks simultaneously; can she keep quiet when you ask her to; her hands soft enough to give us a good back rub; does she have good teeth, sometimes toothless is better : )
I love it when a plan comes together!!

Reactions: whatheheck

·
Registered
188 Posts
mute button

I'm pretty sure you can push in the volume control dial on the radio and it will mute the bluetooth phone.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts