BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'll start off. The new 08 and 09 M5's need the front bumper reflector delete.

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
S62 motor swap:eek:oohhh::haha:

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
JK JK Dinan Stroker Kit:M5rev::M5launch:

·
Registered
185 Posts
ASR Stage 5 NOS Etc..:haha:

·
Registered
8,301 Posts
Laser and radar jammers, rear long range camera w/ infer red front camera and night vision... active and passive...stealthing

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
I like UFH's recommendation. You certainly need it, whether you are stock or modded.

Ranger

·
Registered
907 Posts
For me?? The "Must have" mods are what I have.....springs, wheels, chip, pully, rear spoilers, tint, etc.....standard minimum for pretty much ANY car I own.......

·
Registered
153 Posts
I'll start off. The new 08 and 09 M5's need the front bumper reflector delete.
1. Must be over 21 years of age:nono:
2. Must have at least one 300-400 HP+ car previously:M5launch:
3. Must have racing/track experience:applause:

Bottom line this car (M5/M6) is NOT a toy. We have seen too many inexperienced people crash these cars and hurt themselves unfortunately:mad:.

If you have the follwing experience then you shold have the following mods

1. Carbon Filter's removed
2. Drop in filters
3. Pulley
4. Exhaust

Now the next mods are for those who can handle it. lol :cheers:

5. X-Pipe
6. Headers
7. ECU

This next one is for us maniac's out there

8. ASR NOS kit:byee55amg

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
1. Must be over 21 years of age:nono:
2. Must have at least one 300-400 HP+ car previously:M5launch:
3. Must have racing/track experience:applause:

Bottom line this car (M5/M6) is NOT a toy. We have seen too many inexperienced people crash these cars and hurt themselves unfortunately:mad:.

If you have the follwing experience then you shold have the following mods

1. Carbon Filter's removed
2. Drop in filters
3. Pulley
4. Exhaust

Now the next mods are for those who can handle it. lol :cheers:

5. X-Pipe
6. Headers
7. ECU

This next one is for us maniac's out there

8. ASR NOS kit:byee55amg
What does any of the stuff you listed have to do with being over 21 or not? You have to be able to drink in order to have mods on your M5 or M6? I know you mean maturity but the brain doesn't fully mature until you reach the age of 35 so what makes you think you can say people under the age of 21 are less responsible than people above the age of 21? People between the ages of 25-34 are the highest percentage of people that drink and drive and kill themselves and/or someone else in the process of not being responsible. I also understand where you are coming from, but don't make any generalizations about modding cars depending on what age people are..

·
Registered
153 Posts
What does any of the stuff you listed have to do with being over 21 or not? You have to be able to drink in order to have mods on your M5 or M6? I know you mean maturity but the brain doesn't fully mature until you reach the age of 35 so what makes you think you can say people under the age of 21 are less responsible than people above the age of 21? People between the ages of 25-34 are the highest percentage of people that drink and drive and kill themselves and/or someone else in the process of not being responsible. I also understand where you are coming from, but don't make any generalizations about modding cars depending on what age people are..
All of us here on the M5board have seen how many people under the age of 21 have died in these cars unfortunately. Im not trying to say that I am a smarter or better driver than anyone younger than me (28) or even older than me. But I will say that after having a few fast cars and motorcycles.....I believe that I have much more experience than a guy who has an M5/M6 as his first, second or third car.

And even back when I had my E36 M3 at the age of 18 with only 240 HP. I am admitting that it wasnt such a good idea and that was too much car for me considering that I loved racing and drifitng for fun at that age just like anyone else. Now I see kids at the age of 16 with M5's and M6's 500 HP+ is way to dangerous, powerful and fast for thses guys.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
All of us here on the M5board have seen how many people under the age of 21 have died in these cars unfortunately. Im not trying to say that I am a smarter or better driver than anyone younger than me (28) or even older than me. But I will say that after having a few fast cars and motorcycles.....I believe that I have much more experience than a guy who has an M5/M6 as his first, second or third car.

And even back when I had my E36 M3 at the age of 18 with only 240 HP. I am admitting that it wasnt such a good idea and that was too much car for me considering that I loved racing and drifitng for fun at that age just like anyone else. Now I see kids at the age of 16 with M5's and M6's 500 HP+ is way to dangerous, powerful and fast for thses guys.
Yes I never said that I didn't agree with what he said. I do agree people in their teens are more likely to act irresponsible but it doesn't mean that they shouldn't be able to mod their car...am I wrong? :dunno:

1 - 20 of 33 Posts