BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Thanks guys. Any thoughts of how we can improve these compilations? I suggest maybe for comparison sake and for information purposes adding other aftermarket performance mods which might include:
  1. 3.91 Differentials
  2. Throttle Bodies
  3. ECU Software Tuning
  4. Pulleys
  5. Lowering Spings / Suspensions
Gustav, is there any way possible you can keep my post open for editing a bit longer to add further compilations?

·
Registered
4,405 Posts
HEY KOOL-AID!!!!!!!

We really should re-title this "MUST HAVE RPI MODS". I am aslo a huge fan of RPI and would always look there as one of the first stops for any mod. However, wouldn't it make more sense to break these out by category only instead of listing all the RPI products first and seperately? that would be more helpful for soeone looking for an unbiased collection of information.

·
Registered
130 Posts
This is an amazing thread and I agree that they should add a sticky. :biggrin::applause::biggrin:

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
HEY KOOL-AID!!!!!!!

We really should re-title this "MUST HAVE RPI MODS". I am aslo a huge fan of RPI and would always look there as one of the first stops for any mod. However, wouldn't it make more sense to break these out by category only instead of listing all the RPI products first and seperately? that would be more helpful for soeone looking for an unbiased collection of information.
Thank you for your feedback and bringing this point up.
I believe my message for this thread wasn't perceived the way I wanted it to be. Apparently it was misleading for some fellow members. I do apologize for the confusion. Although I haven't dealt with other reputable tuners like ASR, Dinan, Evosport ...I do have great respect for them and believe each tuner has his own strengths as well as weaknesses. If you re-read my post you will see that "The Must have Mods" are based on my personal experience which were 7, of which 1 wasn't an RPI Product (Sprint Booster).

I will try to rename this thread to “Aftermarket Performance Mods” and amend the contents. It will be one of the biggest compilation including the most common aftermarket products like Exhausts, Intakes, NOS, Strokers, 3.91 Differentials, Throttle Bodies, ECU Software Tuning, Pulleys, Lowering Springs / Suspensions and more…
<O:p</O:p
Let me see what I can come up with. Thank you once again for your suggestions.<O:p</O:p

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
Too Many Smileys

As stated earlier, the smilies weren't intentionally placed. I quite don't understand myself how they popped up:dunno:
'Dunno why, but whenever I use Word (suspect it's true for other word processing programs) to compose a post and then cut and paste to enter it, the damn smileys show up. If you do a preview of your post you'll see them and they can be deleted.

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
'Dunno why, but whenever I use Word (suspect it's true for other word processing programs) to compose a post and then cut and paste to enter it, the damn smileys show up. If you do a preview of your post you'll see them and they can be deleted.
Kelster I agree with you. But what I don't understand is that I've already did a preview and none of the smileys showed up?????? May be it has to do something with my Apple Powerbook software:dunno:

·
Registered
447 Posts
Excellent writeup. I am sure that I will be referring to this thread often!

Thank you for taking the time to compile an enormous amount of information and posting this great thread.

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Thank you all for your kind feedback. Please stay tuned as there will be plenty of additional compilations very shortly.

·
Registered
110 Posts
That is one hell of a contribution to the site. Nice work man!!

21 - 33 of 33 Posts