BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Although there are many good aftermarket performance mods, from my personal experience, I’ve currently narrowed them down to 7. For comparison purposes, I’ve taken the privilege of compiling the most useful threads related to performance mods into 1 thread.

Although the “Search Engine” is your primary friend of help I’ve placed many links I thought you’d be interested to see like different types of exhausts, intakes, NOS, Stroker Engine, as well as other must have mods. Trust me it will be to your advantage to go through the related links prior to making you decision of purchasing the aftermarket mods to avoid making the same mistakes other members have. Enjoy!

1. RPI RAM Air Kit + Block Off Plates (Best Bang For The Buck)

2. Sprint Booster - M Version (Best Bang For The Buck)

3. <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com
</st1:Street><st1:address w:st="on">RPI ST</st1:address> Pulley Kit (Best Bang For The Buck)
4. RPI SV 1 Oil Cooler:

5. RPI / Powership ECU Software:

6. RPI GT Headers:
7. RPI Exhausts (Sect 1,2,3)

Exhausts (Headers, Mufflers, X-Pipe, Sect.1,2,3...):
Air Intakes / Filters:

NOS:

Stroker Engines:

Other Mod Advices & Suggestions:
RPI's newly released interesting threads:
Apologies if I’ve missed any important thread, but please feel free to let me know so we can add them to the above compilation. Thanks.

·
Registered
655 Posts
wow thats alot of smiley faces...

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
wow thats alot of smiley faces...
Seriously, I have no idea where all these smiley faces came from. May be because I've went through all this work and the server connection was disrupted and I had to do all the work again on a word document.

Edit: Could the million smiley faces appearing due to working on an Apple Program?

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Wow! Very impressive list bud! Nice work...

·
Registered
33 Posts
Awesome and very helpful thread! Thank you for taking the time to do this. As others have said it should be stickied to help out newbs like me!

·
Registered
543 Posts
Awesome work man... Thanks! Although why so many :p?

Also, I suppose the Charcoal filter removal goes without mention because it has infinite bang for the buck?! :p

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
wow...thank you..but I have to know...how long did you spend on this post??
Honestly, it didn't take a long time just a few hours. The messed up thing is that I had to do the entire work again as the server connection was lostgrrrrrrr

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Awesome work man... Thanks! Although why so many :p?

Also, I suppose the Charcoal filter removal goes without mention because it has infinite bang for the buck?! :p
As stated earlier, the smilies weren't intentionally placed. I quite don't understand myself how they popped up:dunno:

I didn't want to mention the Charcoal filter removal as it wasn't an aftermarket mods,it's just a DIY that yields whp. We can always place it under the must have mods suggestions (may be make it #8?:confused:)

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thank you all for your support, let me know if we can improve it in any way:thankyou::cheers:

·
Registered
483 Posts
WOW
Great job bro! Thank
you for taking the time
to put all this together!

now you better not mess
up while modding your
car LOL! whenever, I
have a question i wont
come to M5board. I will