BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
I really like that. I bet it took a bit of cutting/adjusting to make it fit though.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I believe it couldn't be a "straight fit" because for example headlights and grille shapes are not identical on E6X vs F1X M6. Looks fresh any way and I have seen an 1M copy spoiler also for the E6X M6 gen.

·
Registered
615 Posts
F12 to E63/E64 is not an OEM swap, can't be done because as was mentioned lights, hood, and such are different. Guys on the 6 board have already tried. I believe this is a Sorona bumper Custom BMW 6 Series 2006 Front Bumper - Sarona

Whether it is a 6 or M6 doesn't matter, the fit between the two models is universal. Many folks have replaced the 6 front/rear bumpers with an M6 OEM and it only requires some minor tweaks (mod to exhaust tips and modify a bracket in the back, have to tie up the fogs in front).

·
Registered
307 Posts
I am assuming that $790 is the unpainted, item only price. Still not bad although I'd have to add shipping to that, unless a State side member wants to bring it across for me next time they're coming back from the colony??!?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Lol me and a friend we were having the same discussion today. The E63 behind is definitely not a M6, you can tell from the mirrors and the bumper.
Now the front E63 its hard to guess since he got the M6 mirros and is rocking that awesome f12 bumper.
Neverless both cars are dope. :cool2:

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I definitely want that bumper!
If that owner wants to ever sell it please let me know !!! :)
I don't know the owner, it's just a photo taken here in Chicago. And like I said the owner may be a Congressman/Senator( US Senate Plates), so I doubt I can reach him to ask if he want to sell that bumper hiha

·
Registered
615 Posts
I am assuming that $790 is the unpainted, item only price. Still not bad although I'd have to add shipping to that, unless a State side member wants to bring it across for me next time they're coming back from the colony??!?
That would be a big box to get through baggage claim!

Yeah, $790 is not bad for a bumper, from what I have read these guys make a good product that has been used on Mercedes for a while.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Not sure that is an M6... Most likely just a 6er with m parts. Look at the oil cooler.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Lol me and a friend we were having the same discussion today. The E63 behind is definitely not a M6, you can tell from the mirrors and the bumper.
Now the front E63 its hard to guess since he got the M6 mirros and is rocking that awesome f12 bumper.
Neverless both cars are dope. :cool2:
To hard to tell from the oil cooler but take a look at the roof line looks like it has a break about 4 inches after the windshield indicating that it has a moonroof. Also take a look at the side markers its hard to see at that angle but doesn't look to have an M badge. I love the way it looks I toyed around with photoshop a while back after seeing RedRum5mg's 1M bumper on the M5 with that idea glad to see its out in production.

Reactions: BADRIDES

·
Registered
265 Posts
F12 to E63/E64 is not an OEM swap, can't be done because as was mentioned lights, hood, and such are different. Guys on the 6 board have already tried. I believe this is a Sorona bumper Custom BMW 6 Series 2006 Front Bumper - Sarona

Whether it is a 6 or M6 doesn't matter, the fit between the two models is universal. Many folks have replaced the 6 front/rear bumpers with an M6 OEM and it only requires some minor tweaks (mod to exhaust tips and modify a bracket in the back, have to tie up the fogs in front).

nice find man, i just bought that bumper for my 650i yesterday from sarona, waiting on it to get shipped, painted then installed.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts